Globe Trotting

I want to start a new game managing in Spain and then after a couple of seasons, move onto a different country eventually having managed in nearly all leagues and countries.

How do I go about it?

Do I have to load all the different countries and leagues at the start of the game?

Will doing this slow the game down?

Thanks for any advice

Rob

Whatever you do, don't add leagues/countries during the game. There's a huge thread about how many people it creates and will eventually crash your game. Other than that, I always load up all the British leagues, followed by some big European leagues, then usually Australia, NZ, some dodgy African country and some far flung middle-eastern/Asian country.

It will slow the game down, but it depends on the performance of your computer/laptop.

Just don't touch that feature. No matter what you do I think it can overflow your save with players causing your save to run extremely slow.

As Mr Whippy said, it all depends on your computer. Add what you want and check the computer performance rating to get a rough idea. 4+ star means you should be fine. I have around 8-10 nations loaded with 2-3 leagues for each and it runs fine. I'm not too bothered if it takes a little while to load as I play in window mode while doing other things.

I'm worried after reading that thread that my Career save is going to slow down, I upgraded my computer a few months back and added in a bunch of leagues and playable levels. So far it is still perfectly playable...

I would start as many leagues as you feel your computer can cope with and just stick with it though. I am desperate to take my career to South America but have no leagues selected there, so may wait until a few weeks before the FM13 comes out and then do it.

Does anyone know If I have been lucky? I added the leagues about 3 game years ago and no slowdown yet (although the laptop I got now is a massive improvement on the old one) or will it just keep growing the database indefinitely?

Good computer - use the add or remove feature

Bad computer - don't use the add or remove feature

I have a bad computer and after adding just the Premier League to the database it made the database go from 7500 players to 120,000 players which for my computer is nearly unplayable.

I have a good computer (I think) & add/remove leagues as & when I go up from 4th. catagory leagues. I don't actually increase the actual number of active leagues (stays around 12/13) though. I don't seem to have any problems at all with the add/remove feature. How do I check how many active players I am using right now?

Archived