Realism...

i havent played the game in a while and im starting to get my mojo back.

The last game i played, i decided to not use the player search function and only rely on the reports i got from my scouts. The reason i did this, was the fact that in irl, a manager wouldnt have the luxury of searching for players with specific stats andas such it made me feel like i played a game a bir closer to reality. (I might add here, that it was abit tougher to play this way)

Have any of you done similar andif so, which other features in fm would you "erase", to get the game closer to reality.???

i havent played the game in a while and im starting to get my mojo back.

The last game i played, i decided to not use the player search function and only rely on the reports i got from my scouts. The reason i did this, was the fact that in irl, a manager wouldnt have the luxury of searching for players with specific stats andas such it made me feel like i played a game a bir closer to reality. (I might add here, that it was abit tougher to play this way)

Have any of you done similar andif so, which other features in fm would you "erase", to get the game closer to reality.???

If you could send your scouts out to look for a "defensive-minded ball-winning midfielder with the ability to cover a lot of ground" I would say it is a good idea. Since you can't, the scouted players are completely random and then these limitations are just as unrealistic.

How many times do you think a real-life manager have had this conversation: "Hi boss, I just found a great winger for you. He has not achieved anything in his life so far and he has no skills whatsoever, but my gut-feeling tells me he will be a really strong player in about 7-10 years." - "Well, Sean, I don't use wingers in my tactic and I don't have the patience to wait that long to be able to use a player at all since he currently has neither the physique, technique nor the mentality to play competitive football, but I appreciate your update. Keep looking!"

Don't use the player search either, or actually i do only to index all the players my scouts have found, it makes the game a little harder though you will still get a lot of quality players offered from agents.

I wish the job centre was a little more detailed so i wouldn't use staff search either but i find that limiting it too much.

If you could send your scouts out to look for a "defensive-minded ball-winning midfielder with the ability to cover a lot of ground" I would say it is a good idea. Since you can't, the scouted players are completely random and then these limitations are just as unrealistic.

How many times do you think a real-life manager have had this conversation: "Hi boss, I just found a great winger for you. He has not achieved anything in his life so far and he has no skills whatsoever, but my gut-feeling tells me he will be a really strong player in about 7-10 years." - "Well, Sean, I don't use wingers in my tactic and I don't have the patience to wait that long to be able to use a player at all since he currently has neither the physique, technique nor the mentality to play competitive football, but I appreciate your update. Keep looking!"

You can kind of do it if you set an assignment with only defensive midfielders and the attributes you want, besides setting a minimum ability or potential rating.

You can kind of do it if you set an assignment with only defensive midfielders and the attributes you want, besides setting a minimum ability or potential rating.

Those are just filters. They don't go out actually looking for that type of player. It's like the filter in Player Search and your Shortlist...

Those are just filters. They don't go out actually looking for that type of player. It's like the filter in Player Search and your Shortlist...

Then what's your definition of going out looking for? If i set a scout to only find players under the age of 19 he isn't out there looking for youngsters but it's only filtering the young players he finds? Doesn't end up being the same thing?

With the assignments finishing on one day only on countries they have full knowledge of, it's a good way to find players exactly as you want, you send a scout to Spain he'll find 60 random players, you send him again to Spain to find center backs only and he reports you 60 center backs.

Then what's your definition of going out looking for? If i set a scout to only find players under the age of 19 he isn't out there looking for youngsters but it's only filtering the young players he finds? Doesn't end up being the same thing?

With the assignments finishing on one day only on countries they have full knowledge of, it's a good way to find players exactly as you want, you send a scout to Spain he'll find 60 random players, you send him again to Spain to find center backs only and he reports you 60 center backs.

If I send out a scout to look for only quick centrebacks in Central Europe, he will report back what is it... every forthnight? Having found a random quick centreback, not the one he thinks is the most suitable. If he is to be useful to me, he should come back with a report on the player he thinks is what I am looking for (in France, for instance).

I use the player search, but only search for players that I have full knowledge of, meaning that I can see all the attributes.

And when I am getting transfer bids on my players, I will sell players to bigger clubs, because in the game it is too easy to keep your best players

So you think its realistic for a scout to tell you about the DMs he has found but not tell you about any of the other good players......hmmmm

or perhaps you think when he watches matches he should only see the DMs and not the other 20 odd players on the pitch.

well imo its more realistic to send your scout out to scout nations, leagues or national teams, then it is to enter 15 or above in then player search filter.

i wasnt looking for a "discussion", although i know its inevitable, but rather looking for suggestions or peoples experiences in regards to the threads topic.

So once again, du any of you fm´ers choose to ignore certain features, as they seem to be a bit unrealistic and if so, which ones do you ignore.? :)

Although the player search has altered in recent versions and is now linked to your scouting knowledge I still don't use it, relying on my scouts.

I never use the staff search either - Job centre.

I don't think I ignore any other in game features but other things I do is create my own tactics/training schedules and I leave real life knowledge of players out of it again relying on scouts.

exactly what im looking for faraowww.

So basically you negotiate, but chose to compromise and then sell the player.?

Well, I haven´t done it yet, but I am going try this in my new save. I think I will save the game if a bid comes in and then try to negotiate, so I can reload if the other club withdraws the bid.

Archived