exp 30.6.2020

my counter offer(accepted)

wage: 90k/week

32.5 K app fee

1.4m TOY bonus

16k goal bonus

35% of next transfer

exp 30.6.2020

Well, lets hope you never transfer him! Because it looks to me like thats what has made it an esp. good deal! :)

because so many of my players have come up through the ranks and developed at the club their salaries tend to be quite low, even once they are basically world superstars, so any time I can. So for me that is the ultimate triumph, to sign a 20 year old to a $20k a week contract, and have them earning something like 35k to 40k by the time they are first team, and the next contract negotiations most of the time players are reasonable and only ask for around 70-90k, whereas if they were sold, they would probably demand closer to 200k/week!

Just had a player I already own, he had a year left so enter contract discussion. He was currently on 65k.

Go in and he is wanting 91k, I think erm no..

count at 65k and lock it, he asked for basically the same as his last contract but with a 20% yearly wage rise, which I remove, nobody at my club gets wage rises.

Offer it and he accepts, magical.

You've done well there to get the basic wage down but if he's a key player for you that appearance fee may not do you any good. One thing I've found is that if an agent just has to have that appearance fee for their client, lock it at just £1. It seems like as long as a player has any appearance fee they are happy. I've not had any one reject a contract on this basis. Give it a go next time!

To be fair, 50 games x 15k = 750k. So he was going to pay that already. Now he will pay 4.5m a year instead of 7m, but he will pay 1.6m for appearances, not 750k. So he has saved 2.5m, and given up about 800k, another 800k if Muller makes the team of the year. So he has saved between 900k and 1.7m, not bad. Plus, I figure if Muller makes that many appearances, and plays good enough to make the Team of the year, its probably been worth it. I generally rate each goal that my team scores as being worth $1m (we are a top side in Europe), so if a player makes 9m but scores 20 goals, and 10 assists, well worth it, IMO. If they come in big games, even better! If a player (striker) cost me $30m I make sure he scores atleast 30 goals for the club, then I consider him to have 'broken even' and will decide if he has a bright future, or if he can be let go.

Archived