Constantly hitting the woodwork

I have noticed in the current season of my game that I have been hitting the woodwork an unbelievable amount of times. Like its not an odd occurrence for me to hit it 4 times in a match. I don't have the patience to trawl through every game I've played this season (its April), but after going out of the Champions League yet again and hitting the bar twice from point blank range, I looked back through my last few games. The stats say I hit the woodwork 20 times in my last 13 or so games. I guess it could conceivably happen, but it seems very very high. Is there a chance this could be an issue with the game, or just unbelievable bad luck? Anybody else had this problem?

Cheers

i think someone has the record for 8 or 9 time hit in one match, as for hitting the bar from point blank range i would see it more as your strikers were more at fault for hitting the bar when it was easier to score... i do tend to hit the bar 3 or 4 time's during matches myself

I hit the post quite often as well. 1½-2 times a game on average.

One has to look at the amount of shots at goal also. In a normal irl game ten shots at goal would be considered a good amount. But in FM it's quite easy to get 20-30 shots at goal in most games. And so it would be weird if you didn't hit the frame more often than what you'd see irl.

I think it's one of those thing where the shot is calculated as a miss but to put more variation than just a wide shot/close miss they also uses blocked shots/hitting the post, albeit the ratio too high. Or maybe the post has a magnet that attracts leather :O. Makes sense since the net of the goal is also a hologram, ball can bounced up and the just went through it... goal!!! wait no, it went through the holographic net so it's out, not goal sorry :(

Archived