download or box version

I find steam much more convenient and also there is no way to lose the game(or damage dvd) and you can download the game as many times as you want after you buy it.you should be aware that steam isn't the cheapest option-i have came across boxed copies that were much cheaper.

I would use Steam purely because its cheap on there right now and you have to use it anyway, saves a step in the process really. Con's only really are you wont have the disk, but without Steam the disk is completely useless so unless your keeping a collection going its a bit pointless i think.

dnt have a clue what laptop specs are fm 11 worked fine on there and so did demo for fm 12..........just a dilemma really not to fussed about having to go through the steam process on the boxed version it's just me being old fashioned i think.What are your thoughts on the game by the way iv had so many mixed reactions

I really like FM12.I have been playing the game since CM99/00 and on FM12 tactics really behave as they are supposed to.After installing the last update the issue with goal from corners is also removed and the game will be a lot of fun(1st season without updates my DCs had both 17 goals...haha).The Match engine is very much the same as on FM11 and if you played the demo you shouldn't have any problems with the full version.

No problem!On my save teams are buying players good enough for them...although some teams ruined their squads with bad deals.I expected more offers for my players though...as a small team i am forced to buy cheap and sell expensive...yet only rummors and no offers come my way.

My advice-buy it from steam right now and have no sleep tonight :)

well with the boxed copies everywhere seems to be £29.99 although i could trade in some old games and get that price down.Also am i thinking right that if the demo worked on my laptop the real version will too?

Where are you trying to buy it for £30? As you mention trade in I guess Game or somewhere similar which are pretty much the worst places to buy PC games. You can get it online for £15, I managed to get it for £13 a few weeks ago but the price has gone up a bit again. Steam have dropped their price but it's still cheaper to buy a box or a Steam code from an online store (Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, Shopto.net, etc...).

Archived