To change from 08 to 12??

Hi my first post in ages but please bare with me.

I have been happily playing FM08 since its release on multiple saves apart from a month or so on FM09 which I did not enjoy. Anyway I was now considering buying FM12 and was wondering what your thoughts were on it compared to FM08?

I mainly enjoyed 08 due to its Simpleness I didnt have to change my tactics very much between seasons let alone games allowing me to play through seasons quickly as I dont have the most free time anymore, is it possible do still do this now? Only I loved the 2d engine and cudnt get used to the 2d or 3d on 09, what are they like now?

Of course there were problems with 08 mainly the regens and there progression, starting ability and strange distribution of attributes. Another thing that annoyed me was how quickly the current players went down hill most of the outfield players were useless for topsides after 32, annoying when Giggs is still playing at a high standard at 38. Also free kicks never seemed to go in directly?!

Also how effective are teamtalks now? can you still be playing brilliantly in the 1st half and be up by 3 only to lose with an abysmal 2nd half performance due to your teamtalk choice? Also is the confidence system fixed? I remember a lot of AI manager taking over and then getting sacked after about 8 games due to the position the previous manager had left them in.

Have those issues been fixed and have anymore reared there ugly head?

Any light shed on the matter would be great, cheers guys.

-

You'll probably need to change tactics during matches a lot more now.

3D on FM12 is much better than FM09. The 2D might still annoy you if you are used to FM08's 2D. 2D classic is similar to 08's 2D, except the ball's height it shown better.

Free kicks still aren't great, only slightly more are scored.

Team talks can be effective, but they rarely ruin your performance. Not changing your tactics is what does that.

The confidence system has improved massively, it was a very buggy new feature in FM08, now it is slick and oiled, though there are still improvements that could be made.

Archived