Advantages of installing FM 2012 using the cd?

Hi guys just got FM 2012 the cd version. What are the advantages of installing using the cd and if I install using the CD will I need the CD to play it? My Laptop is no great if that's relevant I don' think it has a graphics card but a combined cpu graphics card kind of thing, sorry I'm not a tech guru lol.

You do not have to download the whole game. It is good for people without a fast internet (like dial up or 3G) or for those who have a monthly download limit

If you have a decent internet (1Mbs +) with no download limit then you do not need the CD.

As for graphics, intergrated is fine if you dont mind the detail low, the i5 2XXXm series ones have more than decent enough integrated graphics to play FM in 3D

You do not have to download the whole game. It is good for people without a fast internet (like dial up or 3G) or for those who have a monthly download limit

If you have a decent internet (1Mbs +) with no download limit then you do not need the CD.

Is that the only advantage? So if I play using the cd with it be less intense on my CPU?

So if I play using the cd with it be less intense on my CPU?

No, it is only there to download the initial game and then I think after that you may have to have it in the drive for DRM purposes (not sure of this as I have the steam download version and I do not have a CD drive installed). It in no way affects performance.

I would always advise downloading from steam, I set the download going, head off to bed/ go to the shops/etc and when i am done a game is usually downloaded (2-3 hours at worst for 10Mbs download internet)

No, it is only there to download the initial game and then I think after that you may have to have it in the drive for DRM purposes (not sure of this as I have the steam download version and I do not have a CD drive installed). It in no way affects performance.

I would always advise downloading from steam, I set the download going, head off to bed/ go to the shops/etc and when i am done a game is usually downloaded (2-3 hours at worst for 10Mbs download internet)

Ok cheers mate will do.

You don't need to have the DVD in the drive once you've installed it.

You don't need to have the DVD in the drive once you've installed it.

I am proudly now without a CD drive (and have been for a few years now) and using an all SSD system (bar backup drives) but still good to know for helping others with issues.

The disc is useful for keeping your coffee hot for longer periods of time.

One of steams main advantages is that I am now no longer adding to my few hundred cases of PC games I have in about 3 boxes in my inlaws garage! I have been gaming for many years btw, all the way back to DOOM and the original monkey island, MSFS 97, lemmings and Civilizations. I have only had my own PC since 2004 but I have collected a lot of games in 8 years adding onto the classics over 5 floppy discs each (usually lol)!

Archived