Sponsership, How to increase it? or can't you?

In my first season at PSV I won the league and the cup. I got the the 1/4 Finals of the Europa League, so therefore we had a good season! MY sponsorship went up by 1 Million from the frist at the start of the second season.

In my second season I won the Dutch Super Cup, the league, the Dutch Cup and got to the semi-finals against Real Madrid of the Champions League. Now, my sponsorship has now decreased!?

So what factors dictate sponsership?

How do you increase club rep???

How did Ajax manage continental cups?

They werent in one... They had a very poor season the season before coming 6th. Then this year they came 2nd to me in 1st.

I really dont understand why my club rep hasnt increased!?!?! IS IT A BUG?

Or what increase reputation!

I think the chairmens business atrribute might have something to do with it aswell as reputation. I managed to win every trophy going with my team and are according to the game the most reputable club at the moment. Yet at the end of the season when you get a message with sponsorship analysis, liverpool who had finished in 6th had the highest sponsorship income and had recently been taken over.

I would guess it's a combination ofi the chairmans attributes, location of club and performance. I think population in the city you're playing in weighs a lot for the sponsors. This makes sense between Ajax and PSV also since Amsterdam have almost 4 times the population number Eindhoven has.

I'd pin at least part of it on the failure to be in Europe. Coefficients are worked out on a 5 year rolling points system, so a club that would normally be in Europe every year like PSV would take a hit from missing a year, but it would lag and only update the season after, when the new coefficients are calculated.

EDIT : Heck, why not throw players reputations into the mix as well. After all, who had ever heard of Anzhi Makhachkala before they started paying crazy money for famous players. So what is your transfer policy like? Buying young players to develop, or established stars with solid careers already under their belts?

In my save I am in 2020 managing AC Milan for 4 and a half years. In this time I have won the scudetto 4 times, the coppa 3 times, lost a Europa League Final, won 2 CL titles and every year Juventus atract the most money in sponsorship, even though they haven't won anything since the begining of the game and since I took charge at AC Milan they have never qualified for Europe.

Mind you i still play FM 11.

I'd pin at least part of it on the failure to be in Europe. Coefficients are worked out on a 5 year rolling points system, so a club that would normally be in Europe every year like PSV would take a hit from missing a year, but it would lag and only update the season after, when the new coefficients are calculated.

EDIT : Heck, why not throw players reputations into the mix as well. After all, who had ever heard of Anzhi Makhachkala before they started paying crazy money for famous players. So what is your transfer policy like? Buying young players to develop, or established stars with solid careers already under their belts?

I do buy players who have a reputation of national, however some of my players like Merteins, Wijnaldum, Sow, Eduardo, M'biwa, Manoel, Gabriel Silva, Henriksen, Reus are all Continental reputation?

Archived