How do I check work permit status?

What I mean is that I signed a bunch of players. Some of them were given conditional work permits and I do not remember who. I cannot find anything on the player information screens that tells me this? How do I tell please?

Also, I signed some youmg players who could not get work permits but I farmed them out for a season to a Bulgarian team. They got sent back in the summer and I expected to have to return them to Bulgaria to get their two/three years total needed but after it no longer has the wp flag against them and they seem to be pickable in my squads. Is this a bug or did I miss something? The one I noticed is Egyptian and only has 179 days in Bulgaria and needs 916 more to get nationality. I don't really understand why I can pick him as my backup goalie in my English Premiership games now.

Thanks,

If you go to your squad screen and sort by full player status, it shows every status each player currently has. Anyone in need of a work permit to play would have a 'wp' icon.

Regarding your players that have come back, did you offer them new contracts?

Thanks for the reply, I have seen the wp flag on players and it was those I sent to Bulgaria. I do not think they have had new contracts since.

I was really after the plyers who are given conditional work permits. They do not get wp flags as they are allowed to play but I wanted to keep track of them but I do not see any way of finding who they are now?

Also, I signed some youmg players who could not get work permits but I farmed them out for a season to a Bulgarian team. They got sent back in the summer and I expected to have to return them to Bulgaria to get their two/three years total needed but after it no longer has the wp flag against them and they seem to be pickable in my squads. Is this a bug or did I miss something? The one I noticed is Egyptian and only has 179 days in Bulgaria and needs 916 more to get nationality. I don't really understand why I can pick him as my backup goalie in my English Premiership games now.

Thanks,

I think it may be a bug, same thing happened to me in FM10.

How do you mean keep track of them?

Sorry for the gap in replying. By keep track of them I mean I want to know which of my players was awarded a conditional work permit. I did not make a note of it and I can't see a way to check after the fact as I can't see it on the players contract or information pages?

Does it matter? If they have a conditional WP then they are sorted I think. "Conditional" doesn't actually mean anything as far as I'm aware i.e. there are no conditions that actually have to be met. I could be wrong but I've never once had a problem arise from failing to meet any conditions of a "Conditional" WP.

As far as I know there are conditions that need to be met. Maybe not by me but they have to play in internationals I think or they get refused when you try to offer them a new contract? I don't want to be relying on some player only to find at the last moment I can't extend his contract because his country have not been picking him.

Besides the why is up to me:-) I just wanted to know if there was a way to tell. As no one has suggested a way I guess there just isn't.

Conditions can vary depending on the players age as far has I am aware. If a player is retired from international football he would never get a work permit so then it will go on game percentage over the last 16 games. Youth can go on potential ability, a youth brought in for back up and his potential will not make him a first team player then a work permit can be refused, some case can work on basic wage.

There is no certain way you can tell that your player got his contract via a work permit as far as I can see. I tried to offer Chung-Yong Lee at Bolton a new contract but his work permit was turned down i can only assume because he had been out of action for over a year. The only way I knew he needed one is because I knew he was from S. Korea! I never know which eastern european countries are not in the EU. I should really have a list but that would mean making an effort!

Archived