Russian league

Has anybody managed in the Russian league? Thinking about starting a game their, just want to know what it is like their is it anygood, i know you can only play 6 foreign players in the starting 11, is that difficult to manage with, hope somebody can give me a good oppinion on the league. Cheers

I'm managing in Russia. It might be my favourite league to manage in. Some of the clubs give you a decent transfer budget to work with, which is fun. You have to make sure you keep a decent Russian contingent in your squad, for obvious reasons.

I'm managing in Russia. It might be my favourite league to manage in. Some of the clubs give you a decent transfer budget to work with, which is fun. You have to make sure you keep a decent Russian contingent in your squad, for obvious reasons.

Also managing in Russia. I've really enjoyed how competitive the league is, much more so than most of the bigger leagues in Europe.

The Russian player quota can be a challenge, particularly if you're not one of the "big" clubs like CSKA, Zenit, or Spartak. I'd definitely advise putting as much money as you can into the youth setup and facilities. As for transfers, it'll probably depend on who you play as. I'm running a save as Krasnodar, and have been able to sign a good number of players from Eastern Europe and South America, as well as a handful of Central Americans and Africans.

I'm managing Anzhi, having arrived after three successful years at Panathinaikos in Greece. It's fun, and my transfer budget is enormous, but I'm frustrated in how hard it is to get good players to join. I understand that top quality players at the peak of their powers might not want to join Anzhi, but even players later in their careers can be hard to bring in.

I'm playing in Russia as Luch Vladivostok at the moment. I've just got them promoted to the Premier Division at the end of my 2nd season.

It's proved quite a challenge as your only allowed 3 foreign players on the pitch in the 1st Division, and Luch start with an old squad which needs renovating, and good Russian players are difficult to sign at that level.

I like the Russian league anyway. I've played in it before (mostly as Luch) and have found the restrictions on foreign players forcing me to go for a different kind of transfer strategy. After being restricted to 3 before though, I feel really free now I can have 6 on the pitch. :D

Shakhtar are probably one of the easiest teams to manage in the game, domestically. You're only ever really gonna have to worry about Dynamo Kiev, but they've not got Shakhtar's money. Definitely a fun game. Might try it myself at some point.

Archived