Offer new contract bug

I've got the kid who's willing to negotiate with me for a new contract.

But his agent isn't willing to, saying the player will leave after the contract is over.

Now the player is on month-to-month contract only and I can't offer him a longterm contract!!!!!

Can someone please tell me how to solve this problem?

1.png

2.png

3.png

How is your relationship with the agent? has he disagreed with you in the past, with negotiations either with this player or others? could that be effecting your current negotiations?

What matters is the current relationship not its history; the history should only influence the current and NOT determine.

So either the player fires the agent or tells the agent to reconsider their position. If the history is bad, the agent may choose to be difficult... but the agent would ultimately give in to the needs of the clients.

>>>>

Actually a better response by the player instead of "I'll show you more willingness to negotiate a new deal... " is simply "I'll speak to my agent." If the agent says "My client isn't interested in a deal" I know to sell my player. If the agent says "In light of recent discussions, my clients requirements are... " then I should have my answer - a greatly reduced offer shows a strong willingness and vice versa if an increased offer.

But if the talks have broken down with that agent in the past (for instance in one of my saves my talks with Tevez's agent) then the agent is surely thinking - well, theres not point negotiating with him, he wont give what I want for my client (or for the agent) then why would he enter into future talks with me. Hes given me chance after chance and still, I have not offered what he wants.

In my head it makes sense

The agent dislikes me.

But the problem is, the player doesn't want to leave because he thinks he can gain more by staying.

But then I can't offer him a new contract and just stuck there.

Makes no sense. Shouldn't the agent follow the wish of the player?

Archived