Man United affiliates...bug?

It is SO DIFFICULT to get the board to accept affliations for International clubs to increase revenues(USA, JAPAN, CHINA)

1) I am currently affiliated to NO clubs from those countries.

2) I've set up tour away friendlies against USA, JAPAN, CHINA(still no suggestions from board)

3) even at third season, board says unable to find??

I also added another player to take over an AC Milan, their board gave me so many suggestions...why?

This is normal. I had it happen for a long time on my Malaga save, eventually i went with the "youth set up" option got some teams based in europe, then every so often tried the one for aborad and got a japanese team. Just keep trying it will happen.....You might have to wait for a new board, i did.

It is SO DIFFICULT to get the board to accept affliations for International clubs to increase revenues(USA, JAPAN, CHINA)

1) I am currently affiliated to NO clubs from those countries.

2) I've set up tour away friendlies against USA, JAPAN, CHINA(still no suggestions from board)

3) even at third season, board says unable to find??

I also added another player to take over an AC Milan, their board gave me so many suggestions...why?

I always play as Man Utd and from personal experience over many years I have never experienced this. One of the frst things I do is ask for an Affiliate to raise profile abroad, and I always get a response containing American and Asian clubs. In my currect save I have one from each. One thing I have noticed is that in previous years, you sometimes got an option for South African clubs (usually Orlando Pirates or Sundowns) but im yet to see one. Apart from that, I never have a problem getting affiliates.

I do however cancell the links already set up that serve no purpose to me. Like Newcastle Town, Bury and Altrincham. Maybe if you dont cancell any that you start with, the board just look at your affiliates as a number rather than the purpose they serve and deem you to have too many. Try cancelling some links and try again. IIRC, at the moment I currently have FC Twente, Desportivo Brazil, Flamengo, Antwerp, Molde, Colorado, Antlers, Chesterfield and CSKA Moscow.

You start with FC Twente, Desportivo Brazil, Flamengo, Antwerp and Molde. To get Colorado and Antlers I asked for affiliates to raise profile in another country. Chesterfield I got by asking for a club to send players on loan and CSKA Moscow by asking for an affiliate with a good youth setup.

ill agree with YAY, i tend to always cancel the useless links and currently have Burnley and Ipswich as "loan links" and Okayama FC as a "raise rep in another country" link, ill have to try the youth setup one though, ive never actually asked for one of those types of feeder clubs before

ill agree with YAY, i tend to always cancel the useless links and currently have Burnley and Ipswich as "loan links" and Okayama FC as a "raise rep in another country" link, ill have to try the youth setup one though, ive never actually asked for one of those types of feeder clubs before

I only do this one because you always get a pretty decent club and you can send players on loan to them. Ive got CSKA at the moment but in the past ive had decent mid-table Spanish and Italian clubs.

I am playing as Millwall, got to the premier and after the third season, the board asked me to choose an affiliate. I had a choice of Japanese or US teams, and chose a Japanese team, which the commercial department said would generate income. Luvverly jubbly.

Archived