question about playable and view only leagues

Hi,

I have a question about playable and view only leagues.

What happens if I remove a league from my savegame?

Does it turn into a view only league, or will it be totally inactive?

I have planned a careergame with a huge amount of added leagues and I want my game to have a good balance between as fast as possible and as detailed as possible.

I started a holiday testsave to see if all league function well together, and now I have changed the leagues by adding and removing them.

(Started with Estonia playable and all other nations view only, now removed Estonia in the 2nd season and added The Netherlands, Mexico and Morocco.)

I have a basic understanding of the adding and removing of leagues and what it does with the amount of players in my savegame.

I have no idea however what it does for the details of the selected and unselected nations.

Do I need the view only option? And, when yes, how do I get an unselected league to function as such.

If I don't need it, what is it's function then?

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

It becomes inactive.

From my long save game experience (18 seasons), I do not recommend adding leagues once you start a game. FM tends to get sloggish as seasons pass, and adding leagues do add more players for the game to process.

Well, I personally never use view-only. All it does it simulate the nation better than inactive. It's nothing useful in terms of playability, rather adds extra worklload for your PC to process. You want either active or inactive.

Inactive nations does not simulate match games like active/view only nations do. They simply get match results by merely comparing club reputations. View-only will simulate match games like active does but without adding buttload of scoutable players.

If you unselect a league later on, the players created by the league will remain in the game until they retire. In other words, in game, you can have only one nation selected with only one league but you could have (Useless) players of excessive amount active. (Like 150.000, this is from a personal experience. This is from a game that started with only 40.000)

So I can start with view-only leagues, but never create view-only leagues after I have started a game?

I want my games to be as fun as possible and changing teams for international / continental competitions is part of that of course.

I will select one nation to start with, and see what happens later one.

Thanks for your help and information!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived