Would a crash affect game?

This is probably a dumb question. But I have to ask.

Can a computer crash affect a save in any way -- specifically a saved save? I'm assuming the answer is no, but this is just so weird:

Scenario: I saved my game Saturday night. Minimized FM, left it running in taskbar the next day. At some point another program caused my computer to crash and reboot. I figured no biggie -- even though FM was "running," my save had been saved.

Eventually fired up FM, started playing. Everything in my save appeared normal, right where I'd left off. But here's the weird thing: The team's performance plummeted. We had been on a 14-game winning streak to start the season. Now suddenly I lost three straight games. My squad's soaring morale was suddenly "player looks disinterested" or "playing nervously." Players who had been registering solid 8+ performances were now turning in 5.5's and the like.

All this was after the crash.

Is this just a bizarre coincidence?

I've come across some brilliant attempts to rationalise a loss of form but this one is superb, well done sir.

Rest assured your PC has nothing to do with your current predicament although quitting during a winning run is never a good idea in FM superstition land.

This is probably a dumb question. But I have to ask.

Can a computer crash affect a save in any way -- specifically a saved save? I'm assuming the answer is no, but this is just so weird:

Scenario: I saved my game Saturday night. Minimized FM, left it running in taskbar the next day. At some point another program caused my computer to crash and reboot. I figured no biggie -- even though FM was "running," my save had been saved.

Eventually fired up FM, started playing. Everything in my save appeared normal, right where I'd left off. But here's the weird thing: The team's performance plummeted. We had been on a 14-game winning streak to start the season. Now suddenly I lost three straight games. My squad's soaring morale was suddenly "player looks disinterested" or "playing nervously." Players who had been registering solid 8+ performances were now turning in 5.5's and the like.

All this was after the crash.

Is this just a bizarre coincidence?

Short answer is yes, it is a coincidence

I've come across some brilliant attempts to rationalise a loss of form but this one is superb, well done sir.

Rest assured your PC has nothing to do with your current predicament although quitting during a winning run is never a good idea in FM superstition land.

Haha. I wish I could chalk it up to desperate rationalization, because really, it's just my neurotic side coming out. OCD is a beast, I tell ya...

One thing I did just realize is that I had FMRTE running at the time as well, though I'll assume the answer is the same there: "No, don't be ridiculous, your crashed computer did not cause your team's sudden transformation into a Sunday pub side."

Archived