Preferred move training

In previous FM games it was easy to ask for player via interaction section if he wants to train preferred move I want but now I really don't know how to do that. Now I can start preferred moves training only if a coach suggest me to train certain preferred move for certain player but I would want to decide myself what preferred move is useful for a player. But I don't know how to do that.

Could somebody help me?

Thank you

and dont worry if your coaches are wabs like mine and say i dont think player a can do this, and when you tell them to shut it and do it anyway they tell you again ok but i dont think it will work

as in my experience they dont have a clue what theyre talking about and the player learns / unlearns the move anyway xD

Have a few PPM related questions as well, hope the OP won't mind me asking them in here.

1) Does the coach you pick to teach the PPM actually make any difference?

2) What's the difference between 'gets forward whenever possible' and 'gets into opposition area' and how do you get a player to unlearn the latter?

I've been wondering about the first question as well, i guess it makes more sense to ask the attacking coaches to do the offensive PPM's, the finishing PPM's by the shooting coach,etc.

If it actually makes any difference i have no idea but i've been doing that.

Thanks for the link, however it doesn't sufficiently explain the difference between the two PPM's I asked about. Another reason why I asked is because I can't find the option to make a player unlearn the 'opposition area' PPM. My defensive minded midfielder has that and I'm not really comfortable with him having it.

I guess the main difference is "Get forward whenever possible" is more suitable for full backs and "Get into opposition area" is more suited for midfielders.

Regarding unlearning a PPM - wouldn't that be done the same way as learning? It says so in the guide...

It is. In the link I gave there are other links. E.g. one to a description of preferred moves.

Gets forward whenever possible

Will make forward runs regularly, regardless of his run from deep instruction.

Requires: good Anticipation, Decisions, Off The Ball and Positioning. Good attacking attributes such as Finishing, Composure and Creativity would also be beneficial.

Useful for any player with an attack duty instructed to run from deep often, including attacking full backs. Should be unlearned otherwise.

Gets into opposition area

Will look to enter the opposition’s penalty area whenever possible if the team is attacking, giving the team more options in the box, regardless of his run from deep instruction. It is therefore even more offensive than gets forward whenever possible.

Requires: good Anticipation, Decisions, Off The Ball and Positioning. Good technical attributes such as Finishing, First Touch and Heading as well as an aerial presence would also be beneficial.

Useful for centre midfielders with an attacking role or duty, wingers, and strikers with an attack duty. Should not be learned by more defensive players so as not to leave the team vulnerable to counter attacks. This preferred move can only be learned through tutoring and cannot be unlearned.

Edit: And I now see that "Gets into opposition area" can't be unlearned...

Edit2: And you can only learn "Gets into opposition area" through tutoring. So a tutor must have that PPM and through tutoring a young player may learn it.

I found the other description on the page that said this:

Will look to enter the opposition’s penalty area whenever possible if the team is attacking, giving the team more options in the final third, regardless of his run from deep instruction.

Requires: good Anticipation, Decisions, Off The Ball and Positioning. Good technical attributes such as Finishing, First Touch and Heading as well as an aerial presence would also be beneficial.

Useful for centre midfielders with an attacking role or duty, wingers, and strikers with an attack duty. Should be unlearned for more defensive players so as not to leave the team vulnerable to counter attacks. This preferred move can only be learned through tutoring.

Or it's the same and the added on parts are yours. I don't know. In any case, parts of that site contradict other parts since this one suggests unlearning the ppm even though it apparently isn't possible.

What I meant by not finding it was you can't teach it (or make them forget it) in the game i.e it isn't in the coaches list when you talk to them. From my observation 'gets into opposition area' is not more offensive than 'gets forward whenever possible'. In fact I'm starting to doubt if it has any effect at all. If it does it has to be something more complicated than a modifier for 'run from deep' instruction which 'forward whenever possible' is. From a semantic point I see the difference but I'd really like to know how the match engine distincts between the two.

Edit: what I think the 'opposition area' PPM might do is increase forward runs when the player is near the opposition box. Would somewhat make sense. But I've not seen any evidence of that from the player I have with it. I've had DM's with 'gets forward whenever possible' and these are rather useless especially when played in the MCd position, since they'll usually ditch their position without much thought. You can instantly tell the difference between a player that has the PPM and one that doesn't.

Archived