Belgium Work permit

Hi guys,

I've signed a few Non EU players (USA and Brazil) that I've been loaning out to a belgian team to gain a work permit (from Arsenal). For some reason it isn't recognising that they've been there for the required time as the amount of days resets everytime they come back from a season long loan.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Dan

Because it's not accumulative, it has to be continuous. Therefore when they leave the country it breaks the cycle. Try to get a Bulgarian and Polish club as a work permit feeder.

I believe this is also the way it works in real life if you want to gain Belgian citizenship.

It's not a glitch. As said above, it is no longer accumulative for Belgium passport. They changed the law and SI simply reflected the change into the game.

But it is misleading if you are not aware of it, as the game tells you to send a player to Belgium for 3 years even though it is impossible to do.

Belgium is not the only country that requires players to reside in a country "continuously" though. It's just that they have one of the shortest required amount of time which attracted people to use that as their advantage.

The game says so for every EU nation that has "continuous" residence requirement. The game hasn't been able to distinguish between those two ( accumulative & continuous ) for like forever.

It does say "continuous" on the information profile.

Yes I know that, and I was aware of it before this thread. There are no other 'work permit' countries that are continuous residency because it is impossible to do within the current game structure.

What attracted people to use them in earlier versions was not just the short length of time (Poland and Bulgaria are also 3 years I believe), but also the fact that it was accumulatively done so you could have a player return to your club over the summer and then send him back the next season.

Well, that advantage is obviously gone now.

I am thankful that my favorite clubs are either in Sweden and Norway. Sweden doesn't require work permit and Norway's work permit rules are so loose that they grant work permit on anyone even if he has no talent.

I've already raised this in the bugs forum. Hopefully will be sorted in next patch.

Unless there is a way they can add loans longer than 1 season, I don't see how SI can sort it. As myself and alucasa have said it's continuous in real life so I wouldn't want it changed back to accumulatively.

Archived