Several questions: Have you seen ...

Tired of providing personal thoughts about the game and this looking ceaselessly debate. Based on the fact that we really love this game (by the game I mean football exactly or soccer in US), I think we'll continue to play FM2009 when it comes out and of course we're expecting more enjoyment from the game. So just several questions about FM2008 after 8.0.1 patch especially in 8.0.2:

1. Have you seen goal keeper move in penalty? And even if they do a little, do they move in the way like they do in reality?

2. Have you seen your wingers move inside from wide and midfielder play through ball to him?

3. Have you seen player's sudden accelaration to shake off his defender who's closing down on him?

4. Have you seen one-twos on every possible area on the pitch?

5. If you have the patience and mood to watch a match full time, do you feel like you're watching a real life football match?

6. Final question, from the 2d screen if we're watching at every pass and every closing down incident, do we always feel like why the player doesn't close down more tightly or why he passess the ball aimlessly to that direction? I'm wondering if it is that we are requesting too much on the players performance? Because for me since I'm not an old football fan and haven't watched many many matches, but from what i've seen from real life football, on the pitch, players make mistakes, players make decisions like when attacking FB are always wanting to go forward even if they know their job is to defend and that's why after the attack ends FB always runs in full speed back to his defending position. And one more problem about 'closing down' is that it is not easy to always defend a player tightly irl, I mean some of us are expecting too highly in the FM for defenders to always close down and tackle the ball. I intentionally looked for some match videos of EPL, on this level at least, if you're defending it is really hasty and careless to go up to try to get the ball. Defender usually keep some distance to hold their position to the opponent to avoid to be get passed. I just think that if SI record a real life high level match to translate into the 2D screen match in FM, what will we get? I don't know.

Tired of providing personal thoughts about the game and this looking ceaselessly debate. Based on the fact that we really love this game (by the game I mean football exactly or soccer in US), I think we'll continue to play FM2009 when it comes out and of course we're expecting more enjoyment from the game. So just several questions about FM2008 after 8.0.1 patch especially in 8.0.2:

1. Have you seen goal keeper move in penalty? And even if they do a little, do they move in the way like they do in reality?

2. Have you seen your wingers move inside from wide and midfielder play through ball to him?

3. Have you seen player's sudden accelaration to shake off his defender who's closing down on him?

5. If you have the patience and mood to watch a match full time, do you feel like you're watching a real life football match?

6. Final question, from the 2d screen if we're watching at every pass and every closing down incident, do we always feel like why the player doesn't close down more tightly or why he passess the ball aimlessly to that direction? I'm wondering if it is that we are requesting too much on the players performance? Because for me since I'm not an old football fan and haven't watched many many matches, but from what i've seen from real life football, on the pitch, players make mistakes, players make decisions like when attacking FB are always wanting to go forward even if they know their job is to defend and that's why after the attack ends FB always runs in full speed back to his defending position. And one more problem about 'closing down' is that it is not easy to always defend a player tightly irl, I mean some of us are expecting too highly in the FM for defenders to always close down and tackle the ball. I intentionally looked for some match videos of EPL, on this level at least, if you're defending it is really hasty and careless to go up to try to get the ball. Defender usually keep some distance to hold their position to the opponent to avoid to be get passed. I just think that if SI record a real life high level match to translate into the 2D screen match in FM, what will we get? I don't know.

1. No, this just annoy me a little but it is universal so im not at a disadvantage.

2. yes mine does it a lot and have scored quite a few becuase of it

3. not really, if they are getting closed down they either pass it or get tackled

4. think so just passing and runing, usually attacking situatiin i think

5. watched most of a game while at the same time watching telly, did seem pretty good but couldnt compare as the wife uses the helcopter on weekends so cant fly above stadiums and watch topdown viewicon_wink.gif

6. didnt really understand what actual question you were asking but if your on about cb closing down too often instead of holding thier line just set them the closing down not very often

1/ Nope, they probably should.

2/ Yes - it requires a tactic tweak - the standard "winger" setting is useless for this - i had to tweak it after i signed messi.

3/ Yes - torres vs john terry, he left him for dead. Which was annoying as i'd specifically told my other CB to mark torres.

4/ I can't say i've seen it in my own area, but everywhere else it happens - depends on tactics though.

5/ Generally yes - although rediculous misscontrols on touch lines ruins it a bit - a bug i hope they sort for FM09.

6/ Not really sure what you're asking. Although from the jist it sounds specific to individual tactics.

Mmmm... OK, then about 2,4 I agree it may use more tactic tweaks to make it work. A little too bothering I mean these should happen naturally as players should know where and what to do. Forget about 6 it's generally about the closing down. Anyway it's just a game and personal feeling is quite different and minor so I'll just keep on playing it time to time and waiting for FM09. icon14.gif

Not sure if it's like they do in reality, but mine definitely move. About 50/50 are saved.

Yes. Frequently. My wingers tend to have high creativity instructions, tho.

Again, yes. Not too often, but then you don't see it that often at the top level anyway.

Not constantly, but I do see wingers and STs one-two-ing. My DM often tries it with defenders in silly areas of the pitch no matter how high his decision making stat.

No, but I do understand the match engine better and see ways to use their movement. You'll never feel like you're watching a real match because it's a game. The limitations in programming and technology mean that you will always have to find ways around the quirks and minor errors of the FM series.

6. Not sure if I understand you correctly, but if you are asking "are the mistakes on FM a good reflection of real life?" I'd say it could do with some work. A lot of people get frustrated about commentary not marrying up with action (eg, an attacker slices a cross into the crowd and the commentator says "Torje takes no chances there..."). Passing the ball into space, closing down inappropriately, full back falling over and having the ball robbed... all that DOES happen on real pitches. Quite often.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">5. watched most of a game while at the same time watching telly, did seem pretty good but couldnt compare as the wife uses the helcopter on weekends so cant fly above stadiums and watch topdown viewicon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol classic

Archived