Injury System

Well, I've registered now just to say this. This game, Football Manager 2012 is the worst crap that i've played till today. And I play games like this since championship manager in 1993 or 1994. I was almost ending my first season in this game with Barcelona with no losses at all and a few draws only. This stupid game put Villa out for 4 months, Messi for 8 months, Xavi for 4 months, Mascherano for 4 Months, Iniesta for 2 Months, Busquets for 6 Months and Affelay for 4 Months and when he came back at his 3rd game he was injuried again for more 2 Months. I'm sorry, but that excuse of rotate more is the most pathetic excuse because it has nothing to do with it. The developers of this game had a couple of more glasses of wine and I think they were drunk when they invented this system. It doesn't simulate reality at all, we (game players) become frustrated because we can't play with the complete lineup and the best players in the most important matches and it's unforgiven that this is happening to a well known game like this. And to add a simple note I've downloaded a training schedule with a medium overload and my assistant told me that the players are developing very good and even so, it's injury after injury and after injury. I hope you fix this with a patch or something else or I won't play again this garbage. In my 10th injury i've ctrl+alt+del, finished the process of the game, uninstalled it and I will keep it like this for a very long time. Don't flame me etc because it's not only me that this is happening. Just search a bit over a few sites and see the opinions of the people.

I can't even apply the same line up often because my players just keep getting injuried, believe me.

If you are after some help we will more than willingly help you with how to bing players back from injury properly, how to train recovering players etc. Just seeing if you want help or if you just want to give up?

I am having the same issue, at one point receiving 9 long term (including 2 career ending) injuries within a week of each other. However, I will not blame the game. There are issue within my training and match schedule with led to this. Take the time to examine how your players are training...i.e. are their injuries similar? what is their fitness level at the beginning of matches? how fast does it deplete? etc. The are many more factors at play that simple rotations. Even though I'm experiencing injuries on par with you, I don't blame the game. I look at myself and what I'm doing.

I am having the same issue, at one point receiving 9 long term (including 2 career ending) injuries within a week of each other. However, I will not blame the game. There are issue within my training and match schedule with led to this. Take the time to examine how your players are training...i.e. are their injuries similar? what is their fitness level at the beginning of matches? how fast does it deplete? etc. The are many more factors at play that simple rotations. Even though I'm experiencing injuries on par with you, I don't blame the game. I look at myself and what I'm doing.

one of few :)

Even if you are right and you're blaming yourself and not the game, I ask this question to the developers of the game. Why do you do this type of injury system related to training? What about the people who even don't know how to work with the training schedules? Do they have to have an injured player game after game and after game? I don't blame the training method because i've inspected teams like Manchester United and Real Madrid and they have their most important players injured as well. Real Madrid had Marcelo, Di Maria, Higuain and Benzema out for months while M.U. had Nani, Rooney, Evra out for months too. Something is wrong and I don't think it's the training methods. I think it's the fault from the makers of the game. But please, as a respect for your community, I would like to hear your opinion aussieant32, if you like to share your opinion with me of course.

great, glad you are willing to give it a go :)

So to start with, tell me when you have a player back from injury, what do you do? Do you put him back into first team training? Do you put him in the reserves until he is fit? Do you put him on the bench to give him some game time to get match fit, do you put him back into the starting line up, or do you do something different?

For me a season like this is exactly that I play for. You've to constantly change your team und fight for every game. I can't believe that some players have fun at playing a season with no losses. Players like you are the reason for the game to get easier and easier every year.

For me the injury rate is perfect. Sometimes I have problems, sometime not. So is Football!

I would wish more long time injuries, which really affect the players development. In FM an injury is over and the player can perform like before. The risk of not returning as a fully regenerated Player ist far more relevant in real Football World than in FM.

So please stop crying that you have one bad Season and be happy for the Challenge!

define wait. Do you mean you put him back into full training?

What I have is an 'injury' training schedule. I put anyone who is coming back from injury into it, its a lighter workload that is more focused on fitness and strenght. In Spain you cant make the play for the reserves until they are match fit which is a shame, but in Englad I also do once they hit about 93-95% fitness.

Match wise unless they are at 100% after an injury they will not play. think about it, not being 100% means they have not recovered fully from the injury, this is my interpretation anyway and it seems to work for me. The last 2-3 versions have had a lot of injury complaints and I can honestly say I have had no problems at all.

I will try later again and wait for the player to recover to 100% and prepare the player with a lighter workload but even still i think the developers shouldn't do this so real-life perfect because people will constantly encounter injury after injury and after injury believe me. But thanks for the tips. See ya later

I will try later again and wait for the player to recover to 100% and prepare the player with a lighter workload but even still i think the developers shouldn't do this so real-life perfect because people will constantly encounter injury after injury and after injury believe me. But thanks for the tips. See ya later

I think they sort of rely on people coming into the community to work out the problem like you have.

My way may not be the 'right' way but it works for me.

Hope it helps you, keep me posted via pm if you like.

I can see both sides of the argument here. I think you have to look at what you’re doing and see if you can change things to have a positive impact. But some things in FM are so cryptic, it can get irritating (like the match preparation – but don’t get me started on that!). We don’t stand there at the training sessions watching players running around etc. We don’t get a message to know that the training we are giving a player who is coming back from injury is too heavy – so heavy that it causes a bad injury. I employ an assistant and various first team coaches and fitness coaches. Surely one of them should notice there’s a potential problem and give me a heads up or something? I think that would be far more realistic. I employ tons of coaches but never really get any useful feedback from any of them.

it is not we are against injuries, even long term injuries. that may happen and indeed it puches you to fight to win.

the thing is they are unrealisticly too much of them.

rotation in the squad, rest etc doesn't help.

short term injuries should be more frequent than long term injuries and that is not the case.

something to look at SI, defintely.

The last 2-3 versions have had a lot of injury complaints and I can honestly say I have had no problems at all.

i have 0-3max injuries in the same period of time during all season

Archived