Losing on purpose?

Has anyone ever tanked a season on purpose? Im strongly considering it right now. Im in Bundesliga 2, my 2nd season there (started in 3) and I am in the middle of trying to fix the finances of the club which has been in disarray since hired 3 years ago... and slowly developing an awesome group of young players in preperation for moving up to the top division....they are another season or two aaway from being ready. No worries I though, most of the season I spent mid table. Now all the sudden its March and I am on a hot streak, unbeaten in the last 10 matches and find myself only 3 points out of the promotion slots. I know I am not ready for the top division, but the way my team is suddenly playing I do not see how to avoid it other then sabotaging it on purpose by playing all my youth players or something.

Any suggestion how to deal with this?

Once I get there, I would like to stay there... with the current finances of my club, there is no way the board is going to give me enough money to buy or pay the players I will need to be competitive. Ive been there, done that in England with Reading in my last save... hardly won a single game in the Premier league in my last save and ended up getting fired for it. Another season or two at most and I will have things worked out.

Do not lose on purpose, I find if you are good enough to get promoted then you can easily stay up with a few free transfer or loan signings. If your players are young they will benefit from constantly playing and playing against stronger teams. How many loan players can you have in your side in the top league?

ppl always call for realism but when come to this they try to lose a match to avoid promotion

i can understand if let say in a one-off tournament like world cup trying to finish 2nd in the group to avoid some bigger sides but by trying to lose a few games in a row makes no sense at all

Archived