Agents/player interaction

I am trying to negotiate a new contract for a player I have and the players agent is after far too much money, and I'm not budging is there anyway I can speak to my player and tell him he isn't getting a new contract because his agent wants too much money?

I think that's why most old school real managers talk so disparingly of agents. Except when they need to use them to find players of course. :D

The player has an agent so he doesn't have to negotiate, or have pressure put on him to sign to something....umm...not in his best interests. Like in the 'good old days'.

Agents must have taken billions out of the game.

So, no, I don't think you can. :( Would be nice.

I've found agents have added a whole different dimension to the game. Although a realistic one I hate them, escpecially at lower level teams. In the likes of FM10 a transfer worth 10 million would cost 10 million (maybe a little more due to signing on fee). Nowadays, you can expect to have to fork out millions more for agent fees and loyalty bonuses etc. Managers at high level teams may not notice this as much but it makes managing lower league teams very challenging (granted this is true to real life).

What does annoy me at times though is how excessive some of the amounts agents want are. I am in the Championship and recently tried to sign a player on a free, he was decent, not great. Wanted wages of around 2k and a small loyalty bonus - fine. His agent however, wanted over 100k as a fee. I am targeting free players because I have practically no money. Now, this player has been without a club for months now and nobody except me in interested in him. This seems a bit extreme in my opinion.

Nevertheless, we know how people are greedy in real life so we cant really call this an unrealistic part of the game, just an annoying one. I can only hope that players sack the likes of this agent.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived