scouting with part time clubs

It's because he already has his knowledge of England maxed out. You need to set him roaming across a region (i.e UK and Ireland if you can), then he stays out looking.

It's a step back imho that this happens on FM12, but there we are. Irl if you sent a scout to scout England, he should scout it. Not decide his knowledge is maxed out so he can take the rest of the year off.

I have got 4 scouts and 3 are scouting UK & Ireland. The other scouts the opposition and other players I want to have a closer look at. They're always recommending good new players.

I also use the opposition scout report to find decent players.

I think determination does help. I always try to get a scout that's fairly determined so they keep plugging away to find more players.

That's the key; they're scouting a region, so will stay out indefinitely. Hence continuing to find players.

They can't scout single countries, once they think they're maxed out.

That's a big step back from on what was FM11 imho, and I don't get the logic of why it was introduced.

If you remove their previous assignments would they start searching again from scratch?

I think it makes sense that the scout would have prior knowledge of the region they're based. However, it wouldn't make sense that if you ask them to continue searching in that region that they'd return a day later without watching a single match.

Archived