Validation still pending!

Tonight I decided to buy the game as a download through http://uk.download-store.sega.com/shop/football-manager-2012. I was pretty excited to play the game, but I'm still waiting. 3 hours and 15 minutes later, and I'm still waiting for my code. Validation is "pending". The email I received says it should be a few hours, how much longer can it be? This is very frustrating, as I wasn't aware of this before I already had bought it

Well, Steam is extremely expensive. How would I now that the official website of the game would advertise something which doesn't work, or at least works very slowly. I wrote them and asked them to cancel my order. Which should be allowed according to their own rules, as long as I haven't received anything. Im gonna buy the game at the store today instead, if I receive an answer, which unfortunately might not happen today :(

for me Steam was the cheapest on offer for me. Also if you had purchased the game online just after NORMAL business closing house, it might have taken them a few hours after opening to get everything done for you & your purchase. Next time (if it wasnt done this time around), it would be ideal to purchase the game just after normal business hours have started eg - around 9:30am in United States

for me Steam was the cheapest on offer for me. Also if you had purchased the game online just after NORMAL business closing house, it might have taken them a few hours after opening to get everything done for you & your purchase. Next time (if it wasnt done this time around), it would be ideal to purchase the game just after normal business hours have started eg - around 9:30am in United States

I see your way of thinking but I would assume it would be an automated email to be honest or they should at least put a note with the order if there are certain times when it would take longer to receive your key. I personally got the boxed game because it was cheapest and I have awful internet.

EDIT: Also Sega are a global company and it's business hours in some part of the world all the time

• 2 weeks later...

So - there are a couple of things causing this:

- Abnormally high numbers of fraudulent transactions - no idea why but this is slowing the system down and requiring a high number of manual verifications.

- Honestly, some poor site design on the credit card selector - it looks like a graphic rather than a selectable option.

Option 1, there's not much I can do about. Option 2 is being fixed shortly - in the meantime if you're struggling, letting me know the email address you purchased using (via a PM) would be useful.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 months later...

i'm 4 hours waiting on my activation key !!! this just seems mad !!!

am I better off going out for a few pints and hope that the activation key comes through before tomorrow night or is there any hope that I might be able to enjoy a game tonight?

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. They have taken the money (they don't seem to think that validation is needed to take money, just to send out keys....), but no activiation code is sent to me. Almost 10 hours waiting, and even though they don't state it in clear when you buy the product ("Pay us now, download it after a day or two") it says after ordering that it takes maximum eight hours (no limitation on which day or at which hours).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey, I also have this problem and I have made an account just so I can get help with this, it has been almost 13 hours since I bought the game online still no validation and they said it should take a couple of hours and even in the fine print it said maximum of 8 hours. I am not frustrated or disappointing just very anxious to start playing as I have Friday satruday and sunday off and would like to get to a fast start! please help! thanks (I pm'd you my email address)

Hey, I also have this problem and I have made an account just so I can get help with this, it has been almost 13 hours since I bought the game online still no validation and they said it should take a couple of hours and even in the fine print it said maximum of 8 hours. I am not frustrated or disappointing just very anxious to start playing as I have Friday satruday and sunday off and would like to get to a fast start! please help! thanks (I pm'd you my email address)

You havent said from whom you bought it from, but really they are the only ones that can provide the code for you, so keep chasing them.

• 2 weeks later...

That site for online purchasing sucks, no customer service email or phone #, can only file support ticket.

I bought FM13 on there only to realize that it gives me a steam activation code. 9 hours later and three support tickets later, still no validation. I went and bought the game on Steam and it was installed, ready to play within 20 mins.

I then spent the next week and a half going through my credit card company to get my refund from this Sega distributor site. The validation came in after 18 and a half hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe next time buy it in physical retail stores :p no waiting for validation keys then, and you are helping your local retailers it's crisis for them too, and digital purchases are driving these poor entrepeneurs out of buisness.

Wasn't there a group of retailers in the UK who planned to boycott steam games because the digital sale system was driving them out of buisness? (I'm not from the uk by the way, but I read this somewhere)

• 1 month later...
also happening to me now, has been a little over 8 hours now, have been waiting for the email since 6:17pm and its now 2:30am, very frustrating! going to sleep now and if its not there by the morning then im going to be very frustrated!

I have been waiting 2 hours so far - i own an online business (SAPit Consulting) and if we keep our clients waiting - they would go away. My suggestion to SEGA - "Get a NEW PAYMENT system" For my left cheeks sake!

This is ridiculous - i am sure that it is not the fault of any individuals but from a corporate perspective i find it a major flaw in their sales function - Sega need to install SAP!

That shouldn't be an issue, this sort of transaction should be fully automated & a lot more consumer friendly than it appears to be.

• 1 month later...

Was my off-day today and decided to buy this game online, expecting to be able to play today.

Till now the validation is still pending, wasting my time and money on my off-day.

Shouldn't such transactions be automatic? I'm still waiting for my validation code, i can't even download the game right now. This is VERY frustrating, had i known it's going to take this long, i wouldn't have bothered buying the game.

Please fix it.

You guys will never believe this, the moment i posted my previous message. I got the validation code INSTANTLY in my email. Miraculous or what? LOL

Was my off-day today and decided to buy this game online, expecting to be able to play today.

Till now the validation is still pending, wasting my time and money on my off-day.

Shouldn't such transactions be automatic? I'm still waiting for my validation code, i can't even download the game right now. This is VERY frustrating, had i known it's going to take this long, i wouldn't have bothered buying the game.

Please fix it.

Looks like I'm the latest sucker fooled by Sega's e-shop. I have been waiting for my key for a few hours, now. The payment has been processed and all. This is utterly ridiculous. I will contact customer services, if any :p. I will make a big deal out of this. haha!

You need to contact SEGA Customer Service for help with this.

Doesn't work FrazT. I've been waiting in excess of 15 hours for my key now so raised a ticket out of concern.

For 12 hours its status at SEGA has been set to this:

This request is awaiting assignment to a support agent

You will receive a notification when the request status is updated by our staff. :(

Archived