Scouting Bug?

I am unsure if this is a bug or not but I am sending my new scout to scout England with no preferences just the country and he has returned with 1 find? I am managing Porto and also have the English league selected. Surely he'd find more than 1 player?

Does the scout or the club (or even you) already have full knowledge of England? If so the scout may not scout the nation (as you already have full knowledge and all of the players based in England will be known to you).

If you still want the scout to have a sniff around, set him to an English competition.

Does the scout or the club (or even you) already have full knowledge of England? If so the scout may not scout the nation (as you already have full knowledge and all of the players based in England will be known to you).

If you still want the scout to have a sniff around, set him to an English competition.

I don't understand this new reasoning. I scout regens by sending scouts with knowledge of a country to their respective nations and let them scout players under the age of 18. They report back the next day with a totally incomplete list of players, where I want a list of the most high profile talents. I'm afraid sending them to the U18 competitions, for instance, won't be as effective, as the biggest young talents usually play in the first teams of relatively smaller clubs from a young age. So I'd have to scout 3 competitions to get the same results I used to get scouting 1 nation.

The odd thing is, when I send a scout with no previous knowledge of a nation to the nation in question (eg a Brazilian scout to Holland), I get a report in the same fashion as FM11. So it's not impossible, it's just that scouts who should know the most of the nation in question give me crappy reports.

Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug or is this just the new way things will be?

I hate this new form of scouting, I haven't found many decent newgens at all.

So if I sign an English scout, should he already have all the reports?

The way SI have said scouting works, yes he should, the way scouting actually works, no he doesn't

Archived