Does the "dynamic league reputation" affect average newgen quality?

Ive come back to FM after a few years, the dynamic league and ability to add/remove leagues in FM 2012 was too good to pass up. Anyway, as the topic states, I still have some questions about what effects the dynamic league reputation does.

As far as I understand, if I start winning the Champions League with Ajax on a regular basis, the Netherlands will naturally climb on the coefficient rankings and get more teams directly into the CL. Likewise, the Dutch league will gain a higher reputation, which means prize money increases, tv revenue increases, and you can attract star players you normally couldn't attract.

*BUT*... will the overall quality of dutch newgen players being spawned reflect this? Will they be better than they used to be, or does that remain fixed? My way of thinking is simple... if the overall quality of the league has increased a lot, and you have star players playing all over, that would spill over on the local talent. In FM players have a fixed potential ability of course, but in reality, I would argue that a "normal" player playing on a regular basis in La Liga will have a higher level of potential ability than if he were playing in.. say the Norwegian league. (IE, not enough quality around to stimulate ability). However, in FM they seem to place a lower potential cap on players from say, Norway, compared to Spain. So I argue that this cap is related to league quality.

So the only way to simulate this would be to somehow tie the average potential ability of newgens to the current league rating.

Any feedback is welcome, thanks.

That would make the most sense, but I have a feeling that there are other factors as well. The FM wiki states: "The intake's potential ability is based on your club's reputation, the quality of your youth facilities, whether or not they have an academy - and, starting with FM2011, the clubs youth recruitment rating."

But as I have seen, a lot wonderkid newgens seem to form at rather poor clubs with crappy facilities and poor reputation. My impression is that Spain and Italy seem to generate better newgens on average, than say, Portugal. So I am just wondering if league status functions as some sort of modifier on the average quality, as I dont think it can be explained on the clubs by themselves. Or perhaps other values such as population etc plays in.. or even worse... there are just hardcoded values :)

Newgen quality is dependent on the youth facilities of the club.

To test this, simply pick some obscure club in an obscure nation and use an editor to set their youth facilities to 20. That club will begin to produce newgens with world class potential with some regularity.

One thing you could add as well is that if your league's reputation starts to rise, there'll be more money in the league, and so clubs can spend more on youth facilities etc. so indirectly Dynamic league reputation will boost that.

• SI Staff
Newgen quality is dependent on the youth facilities of the club.

To test this, simply pick some obscure club in an obscure nation and use an editor to set their youth facilities to 20. That club will begin to produce newgens with world class potential with some regularity.

This is actually not true from FM12 onwards. The newgen talents are now more closely tied to national talent pools but like has been said before, the way different clubs improve their youth systems and facilities will naturally affect how that national talent pool is harvested in the game.

This is actually not true from FM12 onwards. The newgen talents are now more closely tied to national talent pools but like has been said before, the way different clubs improve their youth systems and facilities will naturally affect how that national talent pool is harvested in the game.

Ah, interesting, thanks. Would you mind giving some more information on how this national talent pool works, and what influences it? I hope it isn't a fixed value, but subject to change over time.

Ideally I would like to see it formed by several factors:

Population size (reasonably fixed, not sure if country populations change in FM at all)

League quality

Number of academies, youth facilities etc

Then... if say, Norway and Germany had identical league standards and facilities, Germany would still get on average 16 times the number of wonderkid newgens due to population size.

What I don't think SI factors in is what priority football has in the national consciousness. It's not the national sport in the US, India and so on which should be a significant factor.

True, which is why I hope national talent pools are dynamic and follow the dynamic leagues to a degree. IE, football will probably become rather popular in the US and China over the years, and presumably the league quality would increase and the overall quality of the players would increase with the interest. If I play in the Chinese League and manage the Chinese national team... and manage to bring both to the top of the competition rankings and Fifa rankings by say, year 2030, I would expect to see a LOT of very skilled Chinese footballers making their way into the top sides around the world.

What I don't think SI factors in is what priority football has in the national consciousness. It's not the national sport in the US, India and so on which should be a significant factor.

I thought it did do this? Isn't there an importance stat in the editor for nations? I'm sure there was for FM11. Whether it impacts on youth development I don't know, but I have a feeling it does.

• 4 months later...

Now that the game has been out for a while, has anyone made any observations related to what has been discussed above?

In a nutshell; presume you have:

-two leagues with identical ratings (IE, English and Belgian) after a few years

-Presume that the clubs in the leagues have identical development (youth facilities etc)

Does the English league then get more wonderkid newgens compared to Belgium due to population size, or do they seem to generate the same number of players?

I am still curious about how the 'national talent pools' work, and if its related to my speculation above

• 5 weeks later...

i have been searching vigorous around the internet for this. I have started off as the national coach for canada and was wondering if i worked them up into the top 30's, 20's, 10's and eventually won a world cup would the regens become better and better and a larger quantity of them. And if winning say 2-3 world cups in a row or in a short span would impact the nation and you know the rest. i can't seem to find anything on this. this was the first post that seem to be fairly similar. so sorry if there is another post but i couldn't find it.

Archived