How does FM12 play? Any problems?

This is the first time since 1999 that i havent purchased the game on the day of release, i have been pretty disappointed with the last 3 games but still played them because of my love for FM. But this year i thought i should hold back and see what the FM family have to say about the game and is it worth purchasing or should i wait for next years instalment?

The improved teamtalk has got me wanting to get the game but is that upgrade enough to shell out my cash.

Would be nice to hear views from some CM/FM veterans.

The only 'problem' I've found so far is that I'm waaaaay too addicted AGAIN!!!

Best FM in years this one, mainly due to the ease at which you can do things now, like searching for players and multiple tick function for stuff.

Love it.

And no, not found anything that's a "game-breaker" as such.

The only nuisance I've found this year is you can minimize to desktop in a match unless you have commentry only on as the game seems to pause itself if you've got any highlights on.

Oh, and you can't holiday when in the middle of a match anymore...booo

This is the first time since 1999 that i havent purchased the game on the day of release, i have been pretty disappointed with the last 3 games but still played them because of my love for FM. But this year i thought i should hold back and see what the FM family have to say about the game and is it worth purchasing or should i wait for next years instalment?

The improved teamtalk has got me wanting to get the game but is that upgrade enough to shell out my cash.

Would be nice to hear views from some CM/FM veterans.

Slightly the same boat as you (except i actually bought this year obviously, and i started with champ man italia which wikipedia reliably informs me was 93!) , the past few releases have left me a little bit cold since a lot of the new "features" have been media related bollocks that dont really excite me and just get in the way.

For some reason though this years release is doing it for me a lot more than the previous few (probably since 08), it definitely seems for me to be slightly better than the sum of its parts. For the first time team talks are actually something i use,i still send AM to press conferences since theyre still a stinking turd of a feature but at least I can ignore them

I'm having a few problems with the match engine. Mainly that the players don't pass enough and shoot way too much. I'm averaging 18 shots a side per game. That's ridiculous. Doesn't affect results but makes the game a lot less fun to watch. It's clearly a smoother match display so it makes it frustrating to watch all the cheats that the engine does to smooth things over and achieve proper results. Like having defenders and midfielders just stand with the ball and get tackled so counter attacks can start. Or having players completely static with one player just running and then randomly shooting from 40 yards.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game but I think FM11 might have been better. The shooting thing is really getting on my nerves now as what I enjoy most from FM is the match play and the more varied it is the more interesting the game.

Archived