Mac / PC compatibility

If I saved a game on the PC, would it be possible to continue playing this game on a Mac? I'm going to guess that the file types would be different but I've never checked.

The reason I ask is that my PC has been having some problems where it has been switching itself off - I think something is burnt out or lose inside and I was wondering whether I could pick up on my game on my macbook in the morning or whether I might as well just start a new game on the Mac tonight.

Yep - just transfer the save game from your my documents/sports interactive folder (or alternative folder if you've moved it) and copy it on the mac to the equivalent folder on mac documents (or wherever you want it to go)! Just make sure both versions of the game are running the same version.

I don't know if you plan on switching to your Mac full time or alternating between the two, but if you are going to alternate Dropbox is a great utility to transfer your save game file. Basically you install the Dropbox client, go into Prefernces in FM and change your saved game location to your Dropbox directory and BAM! That way everytime you save the game, regardless of which machine you are on, both will be using the same updated file.

• Administrators
If I saved a game on the PC, would it be possible to continue playing this game on a Mac? I'm going to guess that the file types would be different but I've never checked.The reason I ask is that my PC has been having some problems where it has been switching itself off - I think something is burnt out or lose inside and I was wondering whether I could pick up on my game on my macbook in the morning or whether I might as well just start a new game on the Mac tonight.
Yes you can transfer the files over - just transfer them to the User Data Folder / games/ (you can get the location for this from the preferences.

If I saved a game on the PC, would it be possible to continue playing this game on a Mac? I'm going to guess that the file types would be different but I've never checked.The reason I ask is that my PC has been having some problems where it has been switching itself off - I think something is burnt out or lose inside and I was wondering whether I could pick up on my game on my macbook in the morning or whether I might as well just start a new game on the Mac tonight.
As been confirmed, you can play your save game on both the PC and the Mac, so all you need to do is transfer it over to whichever machine you are using it on. Like xdoomriderx, I also use Dropbox to do this for me, but you can easily use a USB stick or other device to transfer your save.It's generally important to ensure the same version of FM is installed on both machines, not that it should be a problem in this particular case, but in future, if we were to release an update and you only installed that update on one machine and not the other, but then played your saved game between both, you might cause some problems. So it's best to try and keep everything in sync as much as you can.

Archived