Refund

Sorry to post this here didn't know where else to put it

Could I apply for a refund as the shop now won't take it? I read the box when I bought the game which said and I quote

"Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam account to activate"

Nowhere on this box does it say that I need to have Steam open to play the game. After 4pm my bandwith is cut and I can't open steam so this is now totally pointless to me and as I say should have been written on the box

Could somebody send me and address of some sort where I can send it please and recieve some sort of enquiry

Thanks

A very annoyed "ex" customer

Thanks for the reply Kriss

I can't even open the Steam Client after 4pm. I just getting the Steam is unavaliable message so I can't even get on to the actual client to get it in to offline mode. Uninstalled and reinstalled then tried to log in and it says my Internet connection couldn't connect even though I'm on here now so obviously it's working fine in browser mode

Is there no way I can open the game through the steam browser rather than the actual client?

Cant you open steam before 4pm?....then right-click the client.....store....steam....."go offline" once thats done everytime you start your PC or game it will say its offline and do you wish to go online...but you just keep saying no and stay offline!...and then from that point on you can play any time without having to be online!

Cant you open steam before 4pm?....then right-click the client.....store....steam....."go offline" once thats done everytime you start your PC or game it will say its offline and do you wish to go online...but you just keep saying no and stay offline!...and then from that point on you can play any time without having to be online!

That's an option that I can look at but I now have to wait till midnight to find out to get Steam open again :lol:

Seriously without sounding like a big moaner this should all have been put on the box. When I read the box I assumed you activate with steam then you play the game with the disc if you wish

I'll be honest and say I wouldn't have bought it if I'd knew this was the way I had to run it. Never mind, will probably pull an all nighter just to play it :thup:

Why would they give you a refund because your ISP can't keep up with demand? I'm not trying to step on your toes here. I just think it's a bit unrealistic to ask for a refund for something that is out of the control of SI/Sega.

Because if it said on the box that I read for requirements before buying nowhere does it say that you need to run Steam to play the game. Only to activate it. I wouldn't have bought it

To then find out after I'd activated it that I have to run steam to play the game (which I can not do) is misleading as it wasn't stated before I bought it

Where I come from all the info should be there to read and then you buy. Not my mistake everything in the requirements works fine for my PC it's the stuff that wasn't stated that doesn't. I was mis sold the product in my eyes

It wouldn't be out of their control though if they didn't go down this nonsense road of activating via Steam though would it? I hope they have learnt their lesson for next year, 90% of people maybe enjoying this game hassle free, but if 10% aren't then it was the wrong choice as many of us predicted it would be.

I personally have no issue using Steam, but all the problems SI were warned about when they announced this nonsense (people with low bandwith etc) is happening, all because people steal the game (there is a torrent anyway BTW).

SI need to get to grips with the fact that they won't stop pirates until the police come down on it harder, you wouldn't get away with going into Game and nicking a copy, so should you be able to do so online? All they have achieved this year is p*** off alot of genuine users, trouble is they can't say they wasn't warned.

Because if it said on the box that I read for requirements before buying nowhere does it say that you need to run Steam to play the game. Only to activate it. I wouldn't have bought it

To then find out after I'd activated it that I have to run steam to play the game (which I can not do) is misleading as it wasn't stated before I bought it

Where I come from all the info should be there to read and then you buy. Not my mistake everything in the requirements works fine for my PC it's the stuff that wasn't stated that doesn't. I was mis sold the product in my eyes

We did make it clear on these forums about the process you needed to go through to activate Steam and then set it to offline mode, if that's what you wanted to do. You have simply missed this part and are now locked out by your ISP's restrictions, which isn't something we or Steam have any control over unfortunately. When you do have an internet connection, follow the instructions to play it in offline mode, and you won't need an internet connection at all to play.

We did make it clear on these forums about the process you needed to go through to activate Steam and then set it to offline mode, if that's what you wanted to do. You have simply missed this part and are now locked out by your ISP's restrictions, which isn't something we or Steam have any control over unfortunately. When you do have an internet connection, follow the instructions to play it in offline mode, and you won't need an internet connection at all to play.

I understand that now. As you can tell I'm not a regular visitor here or any other FM forum so I had no idea. I popped down after work looked at the box saw the activation through steam which I was happy to do then I assumed it was as simple as you click the FM12 button and away you go

Rant over anyway. Wires crossed an all that, I still don't believe I was in the wrong as I said I read the box and agreed to the terms. Not everyone has Internet all the time so keeping up is hard with this info. A suggestion if your doing this next year is to say on the box that Steam is required to run the game rather than Steam is required to activate the game, I wouldn't be here now if that had been the case

Never mind. Thanks for the replys

I don't think these forums are part of the "contract" when the software is sold.

. A suggestion if your doing this next year is to say on the box that Steam is required to run the game rather than Steam is required to activate the game, I wouldn't be here now if that had been the case

Have to say I agree with you, some games which are the same have a damn great Steam logo on the box with the clearly written mantra "You require Steam installed to play this game"

Easy enough to do and would have saved an awful lot of hassle because everybody who bought the game would have checked out Steam first.

I understand that now. As you can tell I'm not a regular visitor here or any other FM forum so I had no idea. I popped down after work looked at the box saw the activation through steam which I was happy to do then I assumed it was as simple as you click the FM12 button and away you go

Rant over anyway. Wires crossed an all that, I still don't believe I was in the wrong as I said I read the box and agreed to the terms. Not everyone has Internet all the time so keeping up is hard with this info. A suggestion if your doing this next year is to say on the box that Steam is required to run the game rather than Steam is required to activate the game, I wouldn't be here now if that had been the case

My bad, I didn't read your original message properly. There's obviously only so much space on the back of the box, so explaining that process is maybe not as clear as it could be for cases like yours, so apologies for that. Hope you get up and running soon.

Archived