Sending players out on loan?

In the last few fms ive always sent alot of my younger players who werent in my 1st team plans out on loan. My question is do there stats improve when there on-loan? as when they come back i always check the recent attributes changes and theres no arrows showing improvement or decreasing in stats.

Of course they do but your staff is not tracking their stats improvement unless you send a scout to watch them. (I think you will see arrows then, somebody correct me if im wrong)

Also they follow the training schedules of the club you send them to.

This has always been a bit of an issue with me. As a LLM (but not a Llama!) I often get my non league team to L1 or the Championship. The only places I can usually send my promising youngsters to is a non league side or L2 side who have poor staff + facilities as a rule.

The player will have first team action often but at the expense of bad training. I've always wondered if it's worth sending youngsters off to lower league level or is it best to put them in the reserves instead?

I tend to only send players out on loan if they do not appear to be improving from just training / mentoring and they are still not good enough to get the odd game in the first team. Or they are a player that probably won't make it at my club anyway and the loaning club may wish to make the deal permanent.

The normal development process that I use is:

- After youth intake, retain two players in each position within the youth team and release any surplus.

- Keep players on a youth contract until either progress slows or player becomes too old for the youth team. Give professional contracts only to those players with a squad potential of at least 3 stars and those others who have really come on well and could be sold to a smaller club.

- Once on a professional contract, begin mentoring.

- After mentoring, keep player at club unless progress halts, then loan out. If the player returns and has still not improved, sell him.

- Keep player in reserve/youth team until they attain a 2 star rating within my squad, then promote to first team. Try to give the player 15-20 appearances throughout the season, including 5 starts in early cup games and dead rubber league matches.

I tend to only send players out on loan if they do not appear to be improving from just training / mentoring and they are still not good enough to get the odd game in the first team. Or they are a player that probably won't make it at my club anyway and the loaning club may wish to make the deal permanent.

The normal development process that I use is:

- After youth intake, retain two players in each position within the youth team and release any surplus.

- Keep players on a youth contract until either progress slows or player becomes too old for the youth team. Give professional contracts only to those players with a squad potential of at least 3 stars and those others who have really come on well and could be sold to a smaller club.

- Once on a professional contract, begin mentoring.

- After mentoring, keep player at club unless progress halts, then loan out. If the player returns and has still not improved, sell him.

- Keep player in reserve/youth team until they attain a 2 star rating within my squad, then promote to first team. Try to give the player 15-20 appearances throughout the season, including 5 starts in early cup games and dead rubber league matches.

I do much the same:

Since I play in Spain and don't have a B-team playing real football with Las Palmas, I keep all the youth players from my academy until their youth contracts expire the year they turn 19. I give professional contracts to those who have the potential to become Liga BBVA players (decent and above) mostly because I like following their careers. I start tutoring whoever has a potential of 1.5 stars or more (decent BBVA) with players who have determined, ambitious or professional personalities and the goal is 15+ in Determination. The rest of the talents are signed, as the chance of getting a first-team potential youngster through the academy is freakishly small.

The reason I start tutoring them right away, is that it may take one to two years of tutoring to bring their Determination and hidden mental stats into numbers that would allow them to reach their potential. The other two things that are required for development are good coaches/training facilities and being match fit at all times with an average rating of 7.0 or higher (ideally). This is why it is important to build a good youth team that dominates its league. Normally, Determination, Consistency, Pressure handling, Ambition, Professionality are necessary for a player to play well. Therefore I never loan out players that are not done with their tutoring - loan spells will have little value for mentally unfinished players.

It is very difficult to find a loaning club for a young player who already believes he is good enough to fight for his chance in your first team. In FM11 this part of the game is poorly programmed, because if you give a youngster the chance in some cup or league matches his reputation will increase so much that he doesn't want to leave at all - regardless of the gulf in ability and the amount of cover in his position. This means that it is not a good idea to give your youngsters appearances at all for you until they are too old to play for the youth team, and at that point a decision must be made about his future at the club.

At that point, the more they play, the better. If they can't get those appearances at the club, loaning them or selling them is the right thing to do. If you still have hopes for the loanees, you need to make sure that they go to a club that can give him the chance to play well (7.0+ av.r) and often, and this means that the club must be playing at his Current Ability level. If he's a "Decent Championship Player" according to your assistant, try to find a club in the Championship (or equivalent) with a good manager and good training facilities and coaches. He won't learn much in League One and he won't get matches for a Premier League team, and it is important that any club who wants him as a backup is checked out thoroughly to see what tactic they are using compared to the cover and competition. Never auto-accept all loan offers, as he will simply choose the club with the highest reputation, in which he will play reserve matches if he's lucky - something he would be better off doing for you.

I only accept loan offers offering first team football, don't really go into more detail than that and the players seem to develop ok even with poorer facilities - it would be nice if they allowed us more options rather than just accept all or reject all. I often find I have to go through dozens manually when I know what I would or wouldn't accept.

There should be an option to reject any not offering first team football.

I only accept loan offers offering first team football, don't really go into more detail than that and the players seem to develop ok even with poorer facilities - it would be nice if they allowed us more options rather than just accept all or reject all. I often find I have to go through dozens manually when I know what I would or wouldn't accept.

There should be an option to reject any not offering first team football.

How realistic is it that clubs are loaning players to sit on the bench and play reserve football anyway? The backup to the first team thingy is unrealisticly implemented in FM11, mostly because even with Squad Rotation 20 the AI managers are nearly not rotating at all.

Archived