Manager Starting Reputation

What setting will you be putting your reputation on at the start of a game. I usually start with automatic but wonder if I put it on Sunday League footballer it would make the game harder or not. Does it have that much impact or is it best to start higher up ie international footballer etc

Does it have that much impact or is it best to start higher up ie international footballer etc

Well it all depends on which team you choose to manage, and what you wish to get out of the game.

Personally I'll be taking over at a low-ranked club in the Regional divisions - with a manager rep to suit. Sunday League, no doubt.

Your reputation determines how much the fans like you from the start, how much trust the players have in you, how much the board trusts you with the cash and the quality of players willing to play for you.

So yes, the starting rep can definitely be seen as a way to make the game harder/more interesting (initial, since I think it is dynamic).

On a journeyman save for example selecting Sunday league footballer would mean you need to prove yourself a lot more before the bigger teams come asking for your services.

Well it all depends on which team you choose to manage, and what you wish to get out of the game.

Personally I'll be taking over at a low-ranked club in the Regional divisions - with a manager rep to suit. Sunday League, no doubt.

Same here. As well as bringing a small club up the ranks, I like to bring the manager's rep up alongside the success too.

Archived