Changing strategies drops preparation, working as intended?

Hey guys, i was just wondering whether this was working as intended as I've been playing the demo a lot and noticed that the match preparation drops significantly when I changed from control(which was maxed out in preparation) to counter and "mentality" and "width" dropped to 0. Then when i changed back to control which was maxed, mentality and width was dropped to 0 again.

I find this to be incredibly stupid and counter-intuitive, does that mean i need 3 strats for the same formation but different "strategy"?

I'd say it's working properly. If you have one "main" strategy, which you normally play and your players prepare for, they're going to be most familiar with that system. If you change those tactics, they're going to need to practise, so they'll be less prepared.

Hey guys, i was just wondering whether this was working as intended as I've been playing the demo a lot and noticed that the match preparation drops significantly when I changed from control(which was maxed out in preparation) to counter and "mentality" and "width" dropped to 0. Then when i changed back to control which was maxed, mentality and width was dropped to 0 again.

I find this to be incredibly stupid and counter-intuitive, does that mean i need 3 strats for the same formation but different "strategy"?

It's working as intended. I agree with you that that isn't how it should work, but that is how it has been designed to work.

I'd say it's working properly. If you have one "main" strategy, which you normally play and your players prepare for, they're going to be most familiar with that system. If you change those tactics, they're going to need to practise, so they'll be less prepared.

Except that I never played a game, or even "practiced" a day of it, i was just checking to see what the differences are but it worsened the tactic i "perfected" just because i chose counter instead of control for a mili-second? Doesn't make sense...

edit:

Thanks SCIAG for the reply, does that mean it's no longer recommended to go on the "Attack" or "Overload" in the last 10 minutes or so when you're down a goal because it would mean your team would play worse cause they're...uncomfortable with attacking more than the normal tactic(control, counter, etc etc.)?

Thanks SCIAG for the reply, does that mean it's no longer recommended to go on the "Attack" or "Overload" in the last 10 minutes or so when you're down a goal because it would mean your team would play worse cause they're...uncomfortable with attacking more than the normal tactic(control, counter, etc etc.)?

Well, it's working more or less as it was in FM11, it's just that it is more noticeable when it drops because match prep is on the main tactics screen. The effect of going to a more suitable strategy probably balances out the lack of familiarity with that tactic.

Archived