In what countries can you be a club manager on FMH 2012?

First of all, I have to say that I haven't owned an FMH game in the past, but I'm considering buying FMH 2012. Having said that, I would like someone in the SI community to confirm if the FMH version has less countries where you can become a club manager at the league level in comparison to its big brother PC/Mac FM version. If so, are any leagues from the following countries missing in the FMH 2012 version?

AMERICAS

U.S.A.

Mexico

Argentina

EUROPE

Greece

Turkey

Russia

First of all, I have to say that I haven't owned an FMH game in the past, but I'm considering buying FMH 2012. Having said that, I would like someone in the SI community to confirm if the FMH version has less countries where you can become a club manager at the league level in comparison to its big brother PC/Mac FM version. If so, are any leagues from the following countries missing in the FMH 2012 version?

AMERICAS

U.S.A.

Mexico

Argentina

EUROPE

Greece

Turkey

Russia

Nothing confirmed, but none were present in 2011...

Ever thought it is due to sales and licenses as much as ability?

I know for a fact is not due to licensees as the MLS from the U.S.A and the Primera Division from Mexico and Argentina, are playable leagues in the PC/Mac FM version, so the licensees are not the issue. I can't speak about the sales part, but what I can assure you is that I haven't seen any advertising in my neck of woods for this game. Publicity is a big part for any product, and if you don't advertise in the emerging market regions than you might not be able to grow your business because your product is not getting exposed.

I know for a fact is not due to licensees as the MLS from the U.S.A and the Primera Division from Mexico and Argentina, are playable leagues in the PC/Mac FM version, so the licensees are not the issue.

PC/Mac version and iphone versions are 2 completely seperate enteties, also making staements based on your assumptions are not facts.

Disgrace, that countries who were world champions are not represented, those should be the first on the list anytime and everytime.

These leagues aren't as reputable as the current leagues so obviously the current ones will be in first rather than those you mentioned.

• SI Staff
I know for a fact is not due to licensees as the MLS from the U.S.A and the Primera Division from Mexico and Argentina, are playable leagues in the PC/Mac FM version, so the licensees are not the issue. I can't speak about the sales part, but what I can assure you is that I haven't seen any advertising in my neck of woods for this game. Publicity is a big part for any product, and if you don't advertise in the emerging market regions than you might not be able to grow your business because your product is not getting exposed.

Sorry to disagree - but the licences for the PC version are for the PC version and in some cases seperate licences may be required for the handheld versions of the game (depends on when and how they were negotiated obviously).

Its also worth bearing in mind that many leagues aren't particularly flexible with regards to such things meaning that perhaps the PC version with its higher pricing and user base might find it possible to afford to licence a league, but the handheld games might not - or a leagues stance on something might have changed since an existing agreement was drawn up making it harder to include additional sku's which might not have existed when the original agreement was made etc.

(simply put - no its not 'known for a fact' and in many cases it is due to licencing that specific leagues aren't included - I wish this wasn't the case, but the more users FMH can accrue the more practical it will be going forward for leagues and licenses to be expanded on these products ... simple as that)

Don't mean to sound rude/ignorant/impatient here, but when will some solid information on FMH2012 be announced?

I'm gagging for some hype and I seem to remember there being a lot more this time last year.

I seem to remember reading a post from Marc saying the game was in QA so surely it's pretty close to being finished!

Archived