Team Meetings - Not very intuitive!

The team meetings feature is perhaps one of my favorite additions to the game. With that said, however, I have tried everything possible to let a specific player speak, but haven't been able to figure it out! Am I missing something obvious, or is this not very intuitive?

Here is a screenshot...there are clearly players who want to speak, but how do I tell Giggsy the floor is his?

http://www.premiershiptalk.com/teamtalk.png

I'm not sure you can. I had the same problem at Liverpool, Carroll was upset for some reason but I couldn't get him to say anything. The interface implies that you can pick individuals to speak but I haven't been able to figure it out in the one meeting I've had.

Yeah, it even says "Choose who you would like to address the room" and lists the players who want to speak, so I figured you'd be able to ask a specific player to speak (aside from your captain). In my case I would've liked Giggs, as a senior member of the squad who is influential, to speak, especially since he reacted positively to my comments.

From what I understand of the conversations and tones blog, to get the reactions from players who have something to say you have to repeatedly click 'ask room' until everyone has had their say, then to wrap things up ask captain, which brings up his response and your choices for telling the players how you feel about they're reaction. Address room and end conversation both just seem to lead to the 3 choices of how you felt the team has reacted.

• SI Staff

You can't ask specific players (aside from the captain) and this is by design, it's a case of the manager asking if anyone else has got anything to say and there being a number of players who do, so any one of them could speak up.

Archived