FM12 Demo review

I have some questions and thought that I would combine a review and them in one post.

First time I have used the demo, so far so good really enjoying the new features:

1. I understand the demo is on a small database and that you can continue your game when the full release comes out, so will it be possible to up the db size to large etc?

2. The new tactic's screen is quite annoying really cluttered in my opinion, will it be possible to revert back to old styles? I do like the easier to use match prep screen but the rest is cluttered.

3. Is there an easier way to see players best roles than going in to the report every time? I know its lazy and most I can remember but...

Other than that the demo is good, scouting is brilliant liking being able to lock individual things on the contract. I still wish pay per play deals were included. Match engine is amazing, loving directors cam. team talk and all related things are amazing.

I have some questions and thought that I would combine a review and them in one post.

First time I have used the demo, so far so good really enjoying the new features:

1. I understand the demo is on a small database and that you can continue your game when the full release comes out, so will it be possible to up the db size to large etc?

2. The new tactic's screen is quite annoying really cluttered in my opinion, will it be possible to revert back to old styles? I do like the easier to use match prep screen but the rest is cluttered.

3. Is there an easier way to see players best roles than going in to the report every time? I know its lazy and most I can remember but...

Other than that the demo is good, scouting is brilliant liking being able to lock individual things on the contract. I still wish pay per play deals were included. Match engine is amazing, loving directors cam. team talk and all related things are amazing.

2. I can imagine it looking cluttered on lower resolutions, I'm running at 1680x1050 and it looks fine but... I suppose you'll have to get used to it, it's cluttered yes but at least all the space is used well to give you important information so not much that can be done there.

3. Create a custom view in the tactics screen(or just click on assistant report; Does the same, it's under the main context menu where you can select which attributes to view)

I agree with Ftblmanager- the tactics screen does appear rather cluttered, at least when playing the game windowed. In full screen mode this is not so pronounced. Also, I liked how in FM11, the players in the formation diagram moved to represent changes in width and defensive line, as well as the ability to click on a player's graphical representation and see his individual instructions. I miss both of these features, but i'm sure I'll get used to doing things the new way.

Archived