Random Attribute Dips

Why do players go through occasional seemingly random attribute dips? I've seen this happen perhaps 5-6 times in 3 full seasons at Leeds. The most recent case involves promising centre back Phil Jones. He's been improving steadily as he always does, developing all the necessary attributes for his position, when all the sudden I check his profile to find that OVERNIGHT his Heading, Marking, Aggression, Strength, Dribbling, Long Throws, First touch, Decisions, Pace, Acceleration, and Composure have all gone down about 0.3 of a point, enough for 4 of those listed to show the angry red "down" arrow next to them on his profile.

He has not been injured recently, has "very good" morale, is training as well as usual, and starts most matches for the first team. I can't think of any reason why he would suddenly take a noticeable ability hit, except the possibility that perhaps he is playing too much (although I have reasonable doubt for this theory). This is not the first time I have seen this at all, only the most recent. All ideas welcome.

Can't say i've seen anything like that before in a player that young; maybe the odd dip in a single stat but never a whole cluster of them in one go.

The only time i've seen something along those lines occur is in old and injured players, or players who are lacking in match fitness, and even then it's not been a dozen stats and certainly not overnight.

Could be a bug?

Sometimes it strikes for no reason that i can figure, though its probably something to do with training.

Could just see it as the player having a fight with his gf or a member of the coaching staff i guess. Maybe he had big night out on the turps :p

Sometimes it strikes for no reason that i can figure, though its probably something to do with training.

Could just see it as the player having a fight with his gf or a member of the coaching staff i guess. Maybe he had big night out on the turps :p

That's possible, but I would have thought those incidents would cause a dip in moral, not affect his actual ability. Still, it's certainly possible.

Happens quite often to me; the stat drops are far too drastic for me to take them seriously honestly. Regardless, most of the time those stats will go back up in a month so i dont know, just seems like a rare and odd situation.

I have seen a couple of players turn things around by having a word to them about poor training.

Had them go from worst trainers to best the next month and you can go in private chat and praise them. They say how you motivated them etc. Pretty cool.

The thing is, when you look at the player's training levels (under his training tab), he appears to be training just as well as he usually does. I've just had another issue on the same save pretty similar to the Phil Jones situation, this time with a regen. Kind of annoying, he's taken an unexplainable attribute dip which will likely take him several months to fully recover from.

Archived