Agent Fees

Has anyone successfully had a career of not paying agent fees?

I know they are a big part of the game these days with many clubs trying to cut back on the amount they spending i looked at my current save and i've spent over £60million on agent fees (I am man city it was just a mess about save before fm12) i couldn't help but think about when you play lower league and how much you could save by not paying agents.

I'm Certainly going to try it on fm12 when i start in BSS but was just wondering if anyone already has?

Agents are cretins in the game, but they are in real life. So SI have got some great realism there. I've heard of people offering more in agent fees for lower player wages. However, I'm not so sure it would work the same way if you tried to offer more in wages and less in agent fees. I think you'll always have to pay agent fees now. One thing I will do now though is try and negotiate it down as much as I can. So if an agent wants £250k, I'll offer £100k. The majority of the time, they will reject it. So unfortunately, I don't think you can get away without offering any agent fees throughout your career.

If you start off in the Blue Square South, alot of the players won't have agents. So you may get lucky for the first few seasons and may get lucky up to League Two and possibly League One. Once you get to the Championship, you'll have to pay agent fees. Unless you decide to only try and sign players without agents which could be difficult and hard to get some success. As better players usually have agents.

Agents are cretins in the game, but they are in real life. So SI have got some great realism there. I've heard of people offering more in agent fees for lower player wages. However, I'm not so sure it would work the same way if you tried to offer more in wages and less in agent fees. I think you'll always have to pay agent fees now. One thing I will do now though is try and negotiate it down as much as I can. So if an agent wants £250k, I'll offer £100k. The majority of the time, they will reject it. So unfortunately, I don't think you can get away without offering any agent fees throughout your career.

If you start off in the Blue Square South, alot of the players won't have agents. So you may get lucky for the first few seasons and may get lucky up to League Two and possibly League One. Once you get to the Championship, you'll have to pay agent fees. Unless you decide to only try and sign players without agents which could be difficult and hard to get some success. As better players usually have agents.

Acutally I have tried that. The agent rejected the deal and within a few days he was promptly shown the door by the player. Agentless players are much easier to negotiate with :D

I just done a little test on my man city save.

Player wanted 80,000 a week over 4 years = 16,64m Agent wanted 2.3m = £18.94m in total plus player signing on fee of 3m is grand total of £21.94 million over 4 years (not including bonuses and apperance fees)

so i offered him 88,000 a week over 4 years = 18.3m that allowed me to lower agent fee to 1m and signing on fee to 1.5m which made total 20.8m thus saving £1.14m over 4 years

Whilst i admit the 1.14m isnt alot to a club like man city to smaller clubs it would be.

Playing around with apperance and goal bonus etc we may be able to get it down further it worth exploring in more detail.

Im quite tight with my money usually so will be looking at cost cutting in fm12

I have found it quite helpful working the other way. If you reach a stalemate with a player that is demanding a large sum per week, offer his agent slightly more and you can get the wage down quite abit. Over the course of the contract you end up saying £XX,XXX per week.

I have found it quite helpful working the other way. If you reach a stalemate with a player that is demanding a large sum per week, offer his agent slightly more and you can get the wage down quite abit. Over the course of the contract you end up saying £XX,XXX per week.

But would a player perform better if he was paid a little more and agent got a little less?

I am happy with the agent part of the game and is impemented just fine. I just would rather save some pennies lowering his demands or not paying them at all. but sometimes you are tempted as you say to pay abit more for a lower wage demand.

Will we be able to play without dirty, filthy & leeching agents entirely in FM12? if there is a box to tick that allows me to remove them from the game completely that would be fab.

And what if you went into the editor and deleted every single one of the vile cretins, would that knacker the game up, or would it become bliss as they simply disappeared?

Will we be able to play without dirty, filthy & leeching agents entirely in FM12? if there is a box to tick that allows me to remove them from the game completely that would be fab.

And what if you went into the editor and deleted every single one of the vile cretins, would that knacker the game up, or would it become bliss as they simply disappeared?

I think they have been a good addition to the game and im sure SI will have improved the, for fm12. Getting rid of them would be a bad move as they are a big part of football nowadays

I think they have been a good addition to the game and im sure SI will have improved the, for fm12. Getting rid of them would be a bad move as they are a big part of football nowadays

For the sake of realism, then yes. But for those who`s blood boils at the very mention and sight of them, being able to remove them completely would increase the enjoyment of the game a billion fold.

Surely a little box that removes them entirely from games wouldn`t be too hard to implement?

And of course it would help speed things up slightly for those of us who complain about micro-management etc.

Archived