Do coaches learn new languages?

Just noticed on my game that one of my coaches hasn't learned to speak English and he's been at the club (Swindon) for 5 years, he has an adaptability attribute of 12 which is quite reasonable so why hasn't he learned the language? I've noticed that every other of my multi-cultural coaches speak English and some have very low adaptability.

The coach being french you'd expect him to pick up the language after 5 years, this has got me thinking that maybe a persons spoken language doesn't affect the game as much as it should?

I've also noticed the French coach is on a few of my staffs favoured personnel list even though they don't speak the same language, I can understand them liking him do a degree (they might admire his approach etc) but I do find it odd that they like him so much even though they can't communicate to him.

Don't know if coaches do, they probably do though.

I noticed that I picked up Russian when I was national manager, same with Dutch and Portuguese for Holland and Brazil. I knew you did that as a club manager in those countries but didn't know you did as international manager.

Archived