Team Finances?

On FM10 I was wodnering how the team finances work. I went to go Man United to test this. I noticed before I selected them it said they had a worth of 400m and like 685m Loan debt. And when I went into the game I went to finances, it said the balance was 110m. Can someone explain to me a few things:

1. The loan debt of 685m shows under the outstanding loans section in finances. It is two seperate loans, one around 185m and the other around 400m. It tells me how much I pay each month and until when. Does this money just come off my balance every month, along with other expenditures, and then income added to come to a final balance?

2. Is there anywhere to take out loans in the game, and if so what circumstances would you use them in?

3. Why does it say 400m club estimated worth before entering the game but a 110m 'balance'?

4. What exactly is the 'balance'?

5. Anything else I can be told about finances to help me understand?

On FM10 I was wodnering how the team finances work. I went to go Man United to test this. I noticed before I selected them it said they had a worth of 400m and like 685m Loan debt. And when I went into the game I went to finances, it said the balance was 110m. Can someone explain to me a few things:

1. The loan debt of 685m shows under the outstanding loans section in finances. It is two seperate loans, one around 185m and the other around 400m. It tells me how much I pay each month and until when. Does this money just come off my balance every month, along with other expenditures, and then income added to come to a final balance?

2. Is there anywhere to take out loans in the game, and if so what circumstances would you use them in?

3. Why does it say 400m club estimated worth before entering the game but a 110m 'balance'?

5. Anything else I can be told about finances to help me understand?

1. Yes

2. No, happens automatically if you need one, ie financial trouble, new stadium etc

3. Net worth includes players, ground etc

4. Balance is the amount of cash in the bank

5. Don't make the mistake, which everybody seems to, of thinking the transfer budget and bank balance are two separate pots of money, they are not

1: yes

2: if the board feel it is necessary for a reason

3: value also includes assets like the ground and players

4: ammount of cash in the bank

5: some people panic when they are losing money every month throughout the season, but you will claw most of this back in may with prize and champs league tv money. if you have still got a big loss after this then you need to cut costs by selling reserve players on big wages.

Correct.

No, the board take out loans when they feel they are needed, you have no control.

Not 100% but I believe the "worth" figure includes players and maybe even other assets like the stadium.

The physical amount of money your club have in the bank at that moment in time.

1. Yes

2. No, happens automatically if you need one, ie financial trouble, new stadium etc

3. Net worth includes players, ground etc

4. Balance is the amount of cash in the bank

5. Don't make the mistake, which everybody seems to, of thinking the transfer budget and bank balance are two separate pots of money, they are not

Thanks alot. Few more questions:

So Balance is the physical amount of money they have? So it's the balance that really determines how much they can allow as a transfer budget? If I have 100m Balance and they give me a 10m transfer budget and I spend it all, my balance will be 90m?

Thanks alot. Few more questions:

So Balance is the physical amount of money they have? So it's the balance that really determines how much they can allow as a transfer budget? If I have 100m Balance and they give me a 10m transfer budget and I spend it all, my balance will be 90m?

+/- income/outgoings during your spending period. (but basically yes)

There sort of is a way of getting a loan, paying transfer fees over 48 months etc.

Archived