Not showing title game on TV?

After years of trying it finally looks like I will win a title in FM2011. With 6 games to go... I only have to win the next game (away to Udinese).

But this is where it gets odd... They are not showing it on TV. (I must admit I don't understand how Itlaian television works).Even more bizaarely they are showing EVERY other game on that day, such as comfortably-14th-placed Palermo playing comfortably-13th-placed Cagliari (in a match after which they will both remain 14th and 13th respectively). I know Frosinone is probably not the biggest market... but it is potentially the title-winng game against a CL chasing Udinese.

Why am I not being allowed my moment to shine?

Yeah if you were relegation candidates at the start of the season I can't see TV companies knocking down your door for the rights. You'll have all your games in the CL televised though so don't worry, you'll get your chance to shine.

It goes of reputation o on FM, if you have a big reputation the moe chance of getting on tv.

I mean it's like Leeds getting on tv 3 times in a row, oh wait they just did. Southampton/Bradford/West Ham.

West Ham getting on tv 2 times already, or the amount of times the BBC and Sky bummed Newcastle when they were playing in the championship.

Might have helped that Newcastle were hands down the best team in the Championship, as are West Ham on paper.

yeah id agree if most of the games hadnt already been picked before they were top of the league.

And i wouldnt say that they played great football that season.

Watch this season, Forest/Leeds and West Ham will get on TV more than the others. Because of their history/ reputation etc.

Qpr did not get many games last season compared to the 'bigger teams' im not sure but i reckon Qpr who were hands down the best in the championship last season, did not get on TV no where near as many times as Newcastle got on tv the season they won the league...

Its because Newcastle, Leeds and Westham are huge clubs, no disrespect to QPR but they are not in the same league in terms of support. There is more chance of a neutral punter watching any of those three teams than the mid table championship teams and ratings are the single most important thing to a TV company.

Im positive it will be fixed for FM12 :D I think its more of a cosmetic issue anyway for the average person. Im not to worried about the TV money side of things because im always Man Utd so for me its just about seeing TV next to the games. Also not having EVERY game on TV on Boxing day :lol:

you just want everything to be about man u full stop ;)

It would make a change from it being all about Arsenal in FM. I wonder if now all there players have gone, will they have another wonder team of reserves? Or will there be another 'Arsenal Edition'. :lol:

i know for years you just havent needed to sign anyone with Arsenal, i think it was 09 my pal refused to play with me when i was Arsenal, he always moaned there were 3/4 teams worth of youngsters already at the club, it used to infuriate him!

Anyway Man U have had a flying start to the season, you must be excited?

i know for years you just havent needed to sign anyone with Arsenal, i think it was 09 my pal refused to play with me when i was Arsenal, he always moaned there were 3/4 teams worth of youngsters already at the club, it used to infuriate him!

Anyway Man U have had a flying start to the season, you must be excited?

Looking at how the other teams have spent, or not spent in some cases, I can see us walking the league this year. The team that beat Spurs on Monday was basically a Carling Cup side. I know Spurs weren't exactly full strenght either but still.

I never thought I'd ever say this but the only team im slightly worried about this year is Man City. They are playing good football at the moment but when the big boys come calling, will Mancini turn back into a typical Italian and go defensive like he always does?

Time will tell but I think this might be one of the most one-sided leagues for quite a while. By the end of October we would have played all of the usuall top 6 and if we are top by then, I cant see us moving TBH.

Cleaverly and Anderson have looked the business so far, finally getting some good performances out of Anderson as well, he has always frustrated me. You could be right, unless Man U slip up i dont think the rest of the teams are as good as them, maybe except City, but they have an idiot of a manager so i cant see them keeping up the title challenge.

You been to any games this season yet?

Cleaverly and Anderson have looked the business so far, finally getting some good performances out of Anderson as well, he has always frustrated me. You could be right, unless Man U slip up i dont think the rest of the teams are as good as them, maybe except City, but they have an idiot of a manager so i cant see them keeping up the title challenge.

You been to any games this season yet?

Yes ive been to them all so far. Charity Shield was a must. Amazing day that. I always make a rule to go to the first game of the season aswell so I went to West Brom. And I have a season ticket so I was there on Monday. Looking forward to Sunday though, my gf's brother is an Arsenal fan. I can see us battering them :lol:

Anderson is a great player. Especially now he's playing in his proper position being more advanced and more freedom. There is a lot more freedom and movement in the team having Cleverley and Anderson together in the middle because if Cleverley goes forward, we know Ando can sit back and anchor like he has done most of his time here. And when Ando goes forward, we know Cleverley isnt shy of tracking back and getting a foot in. He's a lot like Fletcher in that respect, albeit a lot better going forward. Anderson has been amazing all pre-season and the back end of last season to a certain extent. I just hope Fergie doesnt go mad and get Sneijder. He's a waste of money and we dont need him IMO.

Lol when did this become the Man Utd thread? Although just a little aside, you probably won't remember Stevo but we had an argument about Bebe about a year ago. Still reckon he's worth a 170 PA? :D

No sorry I dont remeber that. Was I drunk :lol: Did I actually say he was worth a 170 or did I say -9 or something? And TBF, if he hadnt of gotten injured, who knows what would have happened. He could have been Besiktas' best player and won them the league. Are the in Europe this year also? Hopefully he'll come back quickly and have an impact. I still have faith :o

You said he deserved a PA of a good quality Prem player which you estimated to be around 160-170 or something, as soon as I'd found out he'd gone I remembered that thread lol. I'm not sure what's going in with the whole Turkey situation to be honest, Besiktas came 5th last year so Europa League at best.

You said he deserved a PA of a good quality Prem player which you estimated to be around 160-170 or something, as soon as I'd found out he'd gone I remembered that thread lol. I'm not sure what's going in with the whole Turkey situation to be honest, Besiktas came 5th last year so Europa League at best.

Fenerbache have been kicked from the CL though so depending on what they do they could be in Europe. Im sure they have sorted that now though considering the draw is at 5.

And who knows about Bebe. Thats why its Potential. I dont see 160 as unreasonable. He did quite well for the reserves and the likes of Petrucci and Pogba have a high minus PA so why not? I bet if he would have gone to Arsenal he would have been given a -9 straight away to fit in with the Barcelona-esque youth team :rolleyes:

PS. He's only on loan. And a good team like Besiktas wanted him so there must be something there. Ive not seen teams of that quality asking to take any other of the Prmeier Leagues -9's on loan.

I thought that was a few versions ago? I don't think our current FM team is much good at all, except maybe Wilshere who gets good. Though tbf Man Utd's youngsters are criminally underrated atm, especially considering they won the Youth Cup, Cleverley's emergence etc etc

I thought that was a few versions ago? I don't think our current FM team is much good at all, except maybe Wilshere who gets good. Though tbf Man Utd's youngsters are criminally underrated atm, especially considering they won the Youth Cup, Cleverley's emergence etc etc

Ive been saying that for a long time. Considering Nick (the researcher) goes to the youth games, you would expect them to be a lot more accurately rated. Obviously the last patch was 11.3 so they had not won the youth cup or leagues by then so hopefully they will be improved a lot for FM12. Especially Pogba's CA. I can never get him anywhere near a good first team player, despite his PA allowing him to be and I think its because of his age and his CA being too low to catch up. Danny Drinkwater is due a nice bump aswell IMO. Ive got a feeling Cleverley would have been rated by the Wigan researcher. Hopefully Nick is allowed some input on that though.

Wilshere should have a decent bump. He's a regular now and even more so now Cesc and Nasri have gone. Ramsey should have a big year this year but if he's a -10 again there is something wrong. I know SI's rule on injuries and such but thats beyond a joke now.

I though Ravel Morrison (?) was suppose to be a great young player but ive yet to see him develop into anything more than a championship squad player in my games. Cleverly ive seen become a lower table prem player, but nothing to shout home about. Pogba usually disappears into nowhere as well.

Thats the thing though, for his potential in game, he's 29 and yet not even played for France once? And thats him at 29, realistically you want him like that at 23. He could have been in your save, I dont know, but in every one of my saves he's not been anywhere near good enough to get in the team. I see his determination is only 13 there, maybe a raise in that will help him develope more quickly as that seems to be a key attribute in developement.

I though Ravel Morrison (?) was suppose to be a great young player but ive yet to see him develop into anything more than a championship squad player in my games. Cleverly ive seen become a lower table prem player, but nothing to shout home about. Pogba usually disappears into nowhere as well.

Morrison has a terrible attitiude in FM, and we all know how much an impact player personality and determination play in the development of young players. Also (and the same with Pogba) his CA is far too low for his age IMO to even get close to his PA. You look at some of the best 17-18 year olds in the game currently, they have a CA of around 110-125. Pogba and Morrison have CA's of around 75-80 iirc. Far too low for them to ever achieve their potential IMO.

Morrison has a terrible attitiude in FM, and we all know how much an impact player personality and determination play in the development of young players. Also (and the same with Pogba) his CA is far too low for his age IMO to even get close to his PA. You look at some of the best 17-18 year olds in the game currently, they have a CA of around 110-125. Pogba and Morrison have CA's of around 75-80 iirc. Far too low for them to ever achieve their potential IMO.

I have read a few stories about him being a nut case in real life, the Man u version of Ballioteli? lol

Archived