Age Youths Can Move?

I'm looking at when young players can or can't move to Europe. It looks like all south American and eastern European countries are 18, and Europeans are any age.

Do I have that correct is there exceptions?? One seems to be if a south American has a second nationality of the country you want to move him to?

Thanks people.

I'm looking at when young players can or can't move to Europe. It looks like all south American and eastern European countries are 18, and Europeans are any age.

Do I have that correct is there exceptions?? One seems to be if a south American has a second nationality of the country you want to move him to?

Thanks people.

If his second nationality is for a European country, he can move to any EU team.

If his second nationality is for a European country, he can move to any EU team.

That's what I thought at first, then I seen a Brazilian with a second nationality of Polish who wouldn't move until he was 18 - I thought Poland was considered as EU?

That's what I thought at first, then I seen a Brazilian with a second nationality of Polish who wouldn't move until he was 18 - I thought Poland was considered as EU?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattinho

Maybe the game doesn't recognise the second nationality as 'EU', it wouldn't be the first time a second nationality wasn't recognised. When managing Brazil I was unable to recruit Roderick Miranda, Portugese/Brazilian, despite him holding out for a call up to the Brazilian squad. He didn't even show up on the list of possibles.

To shed some light over this:

Here are the rules of transfers when a player is U-18. They are valid only up to the moment when the players turn 18.

1) Only EU players based in an EU country are eligible for transfers elsewhere in the EU. However, they are not eligible for transfers outside EU.

2) An U-18 player based outside EU can't be transferred outside the country he is based in. It doesn't matter if he has an EU country as a second nationality.

3) However, there is a way for players based outside EU (regardless of their nationalities) to be transferred in the EU. They must move in with their parents. Their parents have to be guaranteed a workplace by the club.

4) Another way for a player based outside EU to play in EU is by emigrating with his family without a club's intervention.

To make things very clear I'll show you 4 example:

1) Player A is a 16 y.o. Chilean/Spanish player and plays for Colo-Colo (in Chile). He can switch clubs only in Chile until he turns 18. However, he can be transferred by Villarreal if he moves in Spain along with his parents. Villarreal must make sure that A Senior and Ms. A get a job in Spain.

2) Player B is a 15 y.o. Sudanese player and plays for a Darfurian club. He emigrates in Belgium along with his parents because of the political unrest in his homeland. He can now freely play for any Belgian club, but only for a Belgian club.

3) Player C is a 15 y.o. French/Sudanese player and plays for a Darfurian club. He emigrates in Belgium along with his parents because of the political unrest in his homeland. He can now freely play for any EU club.

4) Player D is a 15 y.o. French player and plays for a Darfurian club. He was born in France but went to Darfur with his parents when he was 3. He emigrates in Albania (non-EU) along with his parents because of the political unrest in his homeland. He can now freely play for any Albanian club, but only for an Albanian club. He can't play for a French club unless he emigrates to France.

I hope I made it all clear. I also hope I haven't made any mistakes due to the length of the post.

To shed some light over this:

Here are the rules of transfers when a player is U-18. They are valid only up to the moment when the players turn 18.

1) Only EU players based in an EU country are eligible for transfers elsewhere in the EU. However, they are not eligible for transfers outside EU.

2) An U-18 player based outside EU can't be transferred outside the country he is based in. It doesn't matter if he has an EU country as a second nationality.

3) However, there is a way for players based outside EU (regardless of their nationalities) to be transferred in the EU. They must move in with their parents. Their parents have to be guaranteed a workplace by the club.

4) Another way for a player based outside EU to play in EU is by emigrating with his family without a club's intervention.

To make things very clear I'll show you 4 example:

1) Player A is a 16 y.o. Chilean/Spanish player and plays for Colo-Colo (in Chile). He can switch clubs only in Chile until he turns 18. However, he can be transferred by Villarreal if he moves in Spain along with his parents. Villarreal must make sure that A Senior and Ms. A get a job in Spain.

2) Player B is a 15 y.o. Sudanese player and plays for a Darfurian club. He emigrates in Belgium along with his parents because of the political unrest in his homeland. He can now freely play for any Belgian club, but only for a Belgian club.

3) Player C is a 15 y.o. French/Sudanese player and plays for a Darfurian club. He emigrates in Belgium along with his parents because of the political unrest in his homeland. He can now freely play for any EU club.

4) Player D is a 15 y.o. French player and plays for a Darfurian club. He was born in France but went to Darfur with his parents when he was 3. He emigrates in Albania (non-EU) along with his parents because of the political unrest in his homeland. He can now freely play for any Albanian club, but only for an Albanian club. He can't play for a French club unless he emigrates to France.

I hope I made it all clear. I also hope I haven't made any mistakes due to the length of the post.

Could you possibly tell me where you saw this info.

Cheers

xxx

These are the actual FIFA regulations:

19 Protection of minors

1. International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the age of 18.

2. The following three exceptions to this rule apply:

a) The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is located for reasons not linked to football.

b) The transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and the player is aged between 16 and 18. In this case, the new club must fulfil the following minimum obligations:

i. It shall provide the player with an adequate football education and/or training in line with the highest national standards.

ii. It shall guarantee the player an academic and/or school and/or vocational education and/or training, in addition to his football education and/or training, which will allow the player to pursue a career other than football should he cease playing professional football.

iii. It shall make all necessary arrangements to ensure that the player is looked after in the best possible way (optimum living standards with a host family or in club accommodation,

appointment of a mentor at the club, etc.).

iv. It shall, on registration of such a player, provide the relevant association with proof that it is complying with the aforementioned obligations.

VI. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS INVOLVING MINORS 21

c) The player lives no further than 50km from a national border and the club with which the player wishes to be registered in the neighbouring association is also within 50km of that border. The maximum distance between the player’s domicile and the club’s headquarters shall be 100km. In such cases, the player must continue to live at home and the two

associations concerned must give their explicit consent.

FIFA PDF 'FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players' linked by this sentence.

Archived