Wage Increase

Please can this be sorted for FM 2012? Got a youngster who's asking for £37.5k a year (fine, no problem) but after making 20 league appearances, he wants his wage bumped up to £150k a year. He's an ok player, but nothing special, at a mid table German 2nd division team. That's surely got to be so unrealistic it's untrue, and it's happened in plenty of other games I've done before in other countries with young players wanting huge increases after playing 20 games for example. It's farcical.

Have you tried negotiating or offering the agent a bit more cash?

Yes, numerous times, but each time the player insisted on the £150k a year after 20 career league games with a wage before those 20 games of £37.5k a year. After a while I thought (in so many words) sod this. If he was really good, or expected to be really good, fair enough, maybe, or if he wasn't asking for a huge amount more than he'd otherwise be on, then maybe, but I gave up on him because basically it was ridiculous.

There was a thread about this(more than 1 I suspect) and there is a problem with this,I wrote this in another thread...

"Had something the same on my save,bought a 16 year old and signed him on a 2 year 3500 pounds a week contract,after a year of course he has only 1 year left so I decide to offer him a new deal,he had never played a game for me and only played in the reserve match's,some teams were interested in buying him for around 2 million which I had refused,anyway the contract talks were very quick....his agent asked for 90k a week ..I offered 20k..agent asked for 90k..I offered 30k..agent said no point in continuing the contract talks.

I mean here is a guy of 17 that has not only not played for me but not played a single competitive match and is asking for 90k a week,I agree that he could be a very good player in the future but I hate to think what wages he will be asking for after he makes it into the team and is playing regularly.Madness."

....to add to this I sold the player after the contract talks broke down and checked his wages he was on at the new club and it was 22k a week,it makes no sense.

Link to the original thread..

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/267566-Most-ridiculous-wage-demands?p=6887264#post6887264

Archived