Does anyone know...

Why is having reflexes training under Aerobic counter-intuitive? Reflexes would be enhanced and sharpened by physical training in real life, so surely a having it as a component of physical training in-game makes sense? Are you suggesting that perhaps all aspects of Goalkeeper training, including those trained by Strength and Aerobic, should be incorporated into the Goalkeeping disciplines?

No, I mean that having to give goalkeepers a high level of Aerobic training is fairly counter-intuitive. This is one area where it would be nice to have more detail in the schedules, the sort of Aerobic training designed to boost a goalkeeper's reflexes (and some of the other areas vital to goalkeeping) is rather different from a lot of the Aerobic training that the rest of the squad would spend time on.

Fair enough, but then 'Aerobic' training is just that, it doesn't really specify exactly what sort of aerobic exercise your players will be doing dependent on which position they play. All you need do to determine what exactly trains which attributes is look at any player's individual training tab, look at 'attributes training', and cycle through the various categories. It highlights which particular attributes are trained by which component of your training schedule.

Actually, having just done so myself, I realise Goalkeeper reflexes are trained by 'Goalkeeper Shot-Stopping', so this whole debate about Aerobic training is moot because lo and behold, it trains exactly the same attributes for Goalies as it does outfield players :D

I'm sure reflexes used to be under Aerobic prior to FM2011 though.

Actually, having just done so myself, I realise Goalkeeper reflexes are trained by 'Goalkeeper Shot-Stopping', so this whole debate about Aerobic training is moot because lo and behold, it trains exactly the same attributes for Goalies as it does outfield players :D

I'm sure reflexes used to be under Aerobic prior to FM2011 though.

That's very strange as elsewhere in the game it specifically says Reflexes are trained by Aerobic.

It would be nice to have a separate 'goalkeeper fitness' training that would train the fitness-related attributes most used by 'keepers (acceleration, jumping etc). Possibly the same should apply for the strength aspects as well as the types of strength training goalkeepers undergo would be likely to increase different attributes to that of outfield players as well.

That's very strange as elsewhere in the game it specifically says Reflexes are trained by Aerobic.

Possibly on the 'Tips' which pop up while the game is processing. Unfortunately, those tips have stayed exactly the same for about the last 4 versions of FM, and most of them are out of date and irrelevant.

Archived