Regens Graphics

Regens are commomly discussed on forums such as this one, however I am suprised the matter of how poorly represented they are by their pictures has not arisen.

Now, although I accept it makes little difference to gameplay or overall enjoyment of the game it is still a gap in FM's ide of realism. With all the effort going in to make the game more realistic, it seems that the graphics of regens faces, (shown are on the same screen as their attributes) is constantly overlooked.

First of all, the quality and realism of the 'mugshot' is miles behind in today's technology. I am not bothered about them being superb, however I think they could be improved a great deal without a whole lot of effort on SI's part.

But secondly, some of the faces generated are ridiculous. It seems the AI selects randomly from all the possible choices of facial features. Notice the word randomly. Therefore, there is just as much chance of a black, afro clad regen as your ordinary person. Name black footballers with an afro? Jo? Benoit Assau-Ekotto? Now name white players with brown hair and a relatively short length. Exactly. The picture below sohws exactly what I mean.

20110322-qyfpwcxei74j78fs62skww42yf.jpg

Surely the realism of the game when you are 20 season down the line could be massively improved by simple, slight changes such as this one?

I understand what you mean but would rather si improved the me than worked on regen graphics, sorry

Me too- but surely it would take a tiny amount of time to set it so there is 40% chance of producing someone with short brown hair, 40% with black hair, 15% long hair, and 2.5 % dreadlocks + 2.5% afro....

I don't think the game does select randomly, but does it from a list of categories. There are some anomalies but I would guess the programming is written to allow that.

I do agree that some changes would be nice. You do see some strange faces come through, but it's few and far between.

My latest youth squad at Wrexham has a nice variety. Okay, so it's not Final Fantasy the Movie for detail but there's a nice mix of short hair, long hair, ginger hair and skinhead. It'll do for me.

Perhaps in 2013 there'll be a huge retro resurgence, with groups like The Jackson Five propelled to the top of the charts with re-releases. Thus, people tending to emulate fashions and styles from popular culture, there'll be a widespread resurgence in the popularity of the "Afro" hairstyle...

;)

Archived