Does training make much difference?

The default settings aren't particularly a hindrance, but taking the time to set them up properly can really help out. You only really need to set up the schedules once, then they can be reused forever.

The biggest impacts you'll see are on young and old players, which can really help a players career be longer and better.

I dont really get involved with them as much as I should. But I like to make sure every training catergory I have at least 3 and a half stars(some with 5 stars) by employing good coaches. Im pretty successful without doing any training. Only training schedule I have done is a tougth pre season fitness schedule. I have created some awesome players(buying youngsters in) and currently have 4 wonderkids. So not too shabby. Question is, if I did do them, would I get even more success......

I have 7 or 8 schedules created for the first team based on positions and what I want from my team - so forwards work on aerobics and strength, tactics, finishing and ball control. It depends on what your tactical ideals are as to what you want to be done in training.

I must admit that for this one, I cheated with the youth training and just downloaded a preset load of tactics from T&TD.

Well would you class that as cheating or more to rl? As In rl surely you can scout a training schedule, ask coaches etc on a training schedule to use for yourself?

A bit like what you have done by downloading ;)

I don't get involved with any of the training my question is can I still be successful or do I need to get involved with it in order to reach the very top? Thank you

You can still be successful by not touching training at all.

Training in FM is not about improvement its more about shaping the improvement.

The only part of training that has a significant effect on improvement is the coaches workload - make sure its "Light"

Everything else - schedules, coaches, coach stars etc is all about how a "players improvement" is translated into attributes. So forwards are more focused on improving attacking attributes, defenders more focused on improving defensive attributes. This version its even easier as you have set basic schedules for GK, Defence, Midfield & forwards.

The basic schedules (not general) are quite good. However, by just increasing the workload to the last click before Heavy, your players will be much more fit which is a competitive advantage towards the end of the season

As Cougar2010 said, the training module is mostly about controlling what attributes are increased. If you're not interested in putting time into it, you can leave it alone and the game will use the default training schedules, which will distribute improvement automatically. You really only need to create custom training schedules if you want to target specific areas for specific positions or players.

It's important to assign coaches correctly, and to give players match experience, but you can leave the training schedules on default if you want to.

Archived