[iPhone] Goalkeeper ratings

I have a feeling that goalie and outfield players' ratings are quite unbalanced. I've never had an outfield player rating less than 4, while I've seen many of my great goalies getting 1, 2 and 3's. And for one of my keepers to get an 8 he needs to have a quite spectacular game.

It would nice to hear other opinions, though :)

Ps.: I still didn't forget about the own goal issue.

Highest I have seen one of my keeper's is a 9, he did save 2 penalties during a match though, lowest personally is 4, although I have destroyed teams and seen a few 1's

Also agree that I have never personally had a player with less than a 4 raiting outfield, but again have seen a few 3's but nothing lower from oposing teams.

• SI Staff

I've seen some pretty dire ratings - they're rare but I did see a keeper with a '1' after my invincible (in my dreams ;) ) Brighton side demolished Colchester 8-1 in the cup .... I had 4 players with 10's in the side I fielded that day also :D

I agree, the goalkeeper ratings are too low. Almost every game is a 7, a great game is a 8. I don't remember if I've ever seen a 9, at least for my team.

When it's always a 7 and randomly a 6 or an 8, the ratings mean nothing, and it makes it more difficult to see who is playing well.

This is not only a FM Handheld problem though, this is just the way it's always been in FM/old CM.

• SI Staff

A seven means the result isn't their 'fault' pretty much, 6 means they might have made a mistake but not a game losing one (doesn't mean they didn't lose - just that chances are the goal wasn't wholly their fault - ie. good shot, defender left them with a one on one or whatever) ... 8 means they played well.

Generally keepers are the hardest position to get 'right' imho - because their job rides on a few individual moments and reactions in a match they are arguably the hardest position to fill irl as well ...

(will be interesting to see how Man Utd get on with their 'replacement' keeper when he comes in to replace Van Der Sar ... theres a reason clubs stick with old reliable keepers for as long as they possibly can :D)

(will be interesting to see how Man Utd get on with their 'replacement' keeper when he comes in to replace Van Der Sar ... theres a reason clubs stick with old reliable keepers for as long as they possibly can :D)

It's going to be De Gea, without a doubt, he's had a cracking season and with the 20mil buy out clause in his contract its a dead cert, if he dosnt flop like Barthez did he'll be world #1 keeper in next year or so. I would of liked to see Alex Smithies go to a big club (Man Utd level), as he'll be England number 1 soon enough with the performaces he put out this season for Huddesfield. If he dosnt move to a big club I'll be very shocked.

Archived