Do players come back from long term injuries ok?

I don't know for sure, but I will share that after my awesome regen broke his leg at 19, he was never really injury free afterwards. He'd tend to have one fine season, then the next would be blighted by injuries.

He may have been injury prone from the start though, so I'm not sure. Long term injuries (more than 4 months) seem to have been something of a rarity for me in recent times, thankfully.

You have to bear with them. They generally come back with poor morale which leads to them playing poorly. I almost sold a player because of this but I managed to turn him around and he went back to being brilliant

That's certainly been the case in my current career.

My star striker was injured for 8 months in 2032/33.

When he came back he was not quite the same (as you can see for yourself).

However, the following season was very impressive.

So, in a sentence: your player is likely to suffer a drop in form short-term, but recover long term.

FrankMacLeodHistory_CareerStats.png

Also depends on age. I had two players out last season on 4 and 6 month injuries respectively. The younger of the two (22) was fine when he returned, the older one is 29 and his natural stat degeneration (physical stats) obviously took its toll, cause while he was injured I couldnt train him to offset the natural drop in stats. So thats definately something to consider.

Archived