Steam Code Question - Lost my manual - Other way to install via steam

Hi,

Been told that there are achievements available on Steam - stuff such as "park the bus" which i want to check out. I've installed the game via cd - hasnt been out of my pc since i bought it!

Went looking for my box/manual and cannot find it anywhere - my fault i know! Is there any other way of installing the game via steam if i dont have the product key but have the cd?

Thanks

i think you would have to buy from steam to find out what achievements you have,i could give a list of them if you wish.

Nah. You should be able to activate it in steam with the key on the box. Doesn't help the OP though.

Hi,

Been told that there are achievements available on Steam - stuff such as "park the bus" which i want to check out. I've installed the game via cd - hasnt been out of my pc since i bought it!

Went looking for my box/manual and cannot find it anywhere - my fault i know! Is there any other way of installing the game via steam if i dont have the product key but have the cd?

Thanks

Ok, my understanding is, if you have the game installed on your hard drive, you can download the Steam platform and register it with Steam. Then you can play within Steam an unlock the acheivements you have spoken of.

BUT!!... I cannot be sure if you need to have the CD key to activate online with Steam. Perhaps others could answer that question?

Archived