Reputation and moving jobs:

Basically just wondering if I should scrap my game before I waste more time on it.

I have over 50 leagues in a variety of countries/continents loaded with a nice mix in terms of strong/weak footballing nations an am running 11.3.

My manager is just English nationality and I started unemployed with Sunday League reputation and got a job with a team in the German 5th tier (editor file). I've now gotten this team into 2. Bundesliga by winning two divisions and then finishing 2nd in 3. Liga, am in my sixth season and my manager's reputation is 'regional' with the bar just over halfway full.

Despite my success I just cannot move clubs. Teams with a regional reputation just laugh off any declared interest from me, I've attempted resigning and applying but always get rejected even by teams who are now 2 or 3 divisions below me who would rather hire people with 'local' reputation than my manager. The only job I can seemingly get is one in blue square north/south but given where I am in Germany why would I go there? Will I have to wait for national reputation before I can do anything?

I had intended this to be a journeyman career save but seems like I'm stuck here, anyone have any ideas?

Strange, on the career forum someone pointed out that you can easily move to a league of the same reputation or half a star higher. I moved from New Zealand to Blue Square Prem then up to League One then Brazilian 2nd Div to Argentine Prem then the big job at Man United.

What star rating does your current league have?

Strange, on the career forum someone pointed out that you can easily move to a league of the same reputation or half a star higher. I moved from New Zealand to Blue Square Prem then up to League One then Brazilian 2nd Div to Argentine Prem then the big job at Man United.

What star rating does your current league have?

2. Bundesliga is 2 1/2 stars putting it level with most second divisions in europe, apart from the championship which is 3 stars. League I recently got promoted from is 2 stars which is level with most european third divisions and some countries second divisions (Scotland, Ukraine, Norway, Sweden etc). I don't even get linked with jobs except for the occasional league 2 side which if I declare interest in I just get laughed off. Never ever been linked with another team in germany.

I'm guessing you haven't won the league you got promoted from? Imho you still get to little rep for promoting w/o winning the league.

Sorry slightly off-topic but where do you see this star rating for leagues?

World -> competitions.

I'm guessing you haven't won the league you got promoted from? Imho you still get to little rep for promoting w/o winning the league.

I've been promoted 3 times, twice winning the divisions the third by finishing second.

Archived