Player movement=appalling

Very Fluid;More roaming and yet they stand still when someone has the ball, truly laughable. You should see players buzzing about on the screen, constantly on the move, especially when near the ball, instead they refuse to move from their marker.

2 years ago I would of been oblivious to this, but I started watching, reading, analysing and trust me when I say that in-game FM is POOR. FB's end up with far more passes than your player i.e Xavi, because he refuses to move form being marked by their CM, when irl he'd constantly move to the ball -another thing that the playmaker SHOULD do, but DOESN'T on this game.

There aren't NEARLY enough passes in a game, you can have 70% possession, quick tempo and only complete 400 with Barca when again,irl, it'd be closer to 700. Xavi completing about 30 passes a game!Don't say it's the tactics because he's CM in a midfield 3,he can roam freely, he's the playmaker, yet the movement on the game is so bad he's never in a position to receive the pass, which is ludicrous beyond recognition.

A lot of things on the game I could slate but this, in particular, gets my goat because it is so horribly, unforgivably wrong, thanks.

Yeah, this game is still pretty preposterous at times.

Every game is mostly decided at before a ball has been kicked by the random motivation. If you get a bad one, everyone just stands around, whislt the other team zip it about like Barca on a good day.

True about the full backs too. They always knock it to a full back, who goes running up the pitch regardless of what you tell him to do. The CMs go and get themselves marked out the game.

And then the AI, always manages to get themselves about 300 corners and attacking throw ins per game.

Spot on, far too many corners. You have every option known to man on trying to win the ball back quickly-as Barca-and the AI squeeze minutes with the ball from hoofing it, running down the line and winning fk's from fouls.

Very Fluid;More roaming and yet they stand still when someone has the ball, truly laughable. You should see players buzzing about on the screen, constantly on the move, especially when near the ball, instead they refuse to move from their marker.

2 years ago I would of been oblivious to this, but I started watching, reading, analysing and trust me when I say that in-game FM is POOR. FB's end up with far more passes than your player i.e Xavi, because he refuses to move form being marked by their CM, when irl he'd constantly move to the ball -another thing that the playmaker SHOULD do, but DOESN'T on this game.

There aren't NEARLY enough passes in a game, you can have 70% possession, quick tempo and only complete 400 with Barca when again,irl, it'd be closer to 700. Xavi completing about 30 passes a game!Don't say it's the tactics because he's CM in a midfield 3,he can roam freely, he's the playmaker, yet the movement on the game is so bad he's never in a position to receive the pass, which is ludicrous beyond recognition.

A lot of things on the game I could slate but this, in particular, gets my goat because it is so horribly, unforgivably wrong, thanks.

Well lets see you have set very fluid & roaming, ok but what did you do about mentality, passing range, wide play, run with ball, through balls etc etc.

The fullbacks having a lot of possession is a common fault found in tactics where all the forward players are set to attacking and run away from the ball when you gain possession. This leaves the midfielders with no forward passing options within the instruction range you have given them and the fullbacks the only open pass.

Rather than blaming the game, take a close look at your tactics, watch a full match, see why these passes are being made rather than the ones you want and alter your instructions accordingly.

Well lets see you have set very fluid & roaming, ok but what did you do about mentality, passing range, wide play, run with ball, through balls etc etc.

The fullbacks having a lot of possession is a common fault found in tactics where all the forward players are set to attacking and run away from the ball when you gain possession. This leaves the midfielders with no forward passing options within the instruction range you have given them and the fullbacks the only open pass.

Rather than blaming the game, take a close look at your tactics, watch a full match, see why these passes are being made rather than the ones you want and alter your instructions accordingly.

It's not just your tactics though.

There is nothing you can do if your players totally ignore the intentions of your tactics. I have a game now which is 100% fixed. Modric has 7 finishing, and 8 longshots, and he is 32 on the game. But all my players just bounce off him and he scores at least 1 every reload. My players literally just do not mark. My wingers never track the full back.

I've tried all sorts of tactical and opposition instruction varitations.

Its just fixed. THe game has decided, I am complacent or something, and Tottenham are really confident or whatever, so it is impossible for us to play well.

The attacking movement and defensiive positioning disappears. As does finishing in front of goal.

The ME is quite simple a bit shocking considering it is 2011 now.

If you defend the game by saying it's the tactics, how do you explain the players running around like headless chickens during corner? Every aerial ball has a precise landing spot where players would jump up to head it, but other players who are in the ball's path would never attempt to jump even though the ball is low enough for them to head.

Another problem with aerial ball is that the player run to the landing spot and get hit in the back by the ball. You would think that they watch where the ball is in the air, but no, they just look at where the ball's gonna land and run to it.

Trust me mate I have watched a full game, about 100...passing I have short,wide play-hug the touchline for FB's and move into channels for wingers so they move inside and can be played in, run with ball rarely except front 3 who are on mixed and through balls on rarely except 2CM's and front 3,mentality is on control,w/e that is-in short, the same as Barca. FB's getting the ball often is a result of the CM's not moving into space , so they are forced to just run down the line, instead of laying it back, another thing, they aren't nearly enough patient with the ball, I want them to stroke the ball around in their own half for 3 mins if they have to- a HUGE problem as to why teams don't keep possession anywhere near well enough on that game.

Trust me mate I have watched a full game, about 100...passing I have short,wide play-hug the touchline for FB's and move into channels for wingers so they move inside and can be played in, run with ball rarely except front 3 who are on mixed and through balls on rarely except 2CM's and front 3,mentality is on control,w/e that is-in short, the same as Barca. FB's getting the ball often is a result of the CM's not moving into space , so they are forced to just run down the line, instead of laying it back, another thing, they aren't nearly enough patient with the ball, I want them to stroke the ball around in their own half for 3 mins if they have to- a HUGE problem as to why teams don't keep possession anywhere near well enough on that game.

You might have watched it but you aren't understanding how your instructions take shape on the pitch.

Mentality seems to be your main problem and I can understand why. Its an area that SI could improve on and naming sections of mentality attack & defend causes a lot of confusion for users.

Mentality affects several things - The direction the ball is played in, the speed the ball is moved forward through the phases, risk involved with a pass, position on the pitch and what they do off the ball. The more attacking the mentality the more a player looks to move & play the ball forwards and attempts riskier passes while the more defensive the mentality the more a player will play the ball sideways & backwards to keep possession as well as holding their position.

Personally I would like to see this somehow split into at least two instructions, one relating to a "risk" level with the other maybe associated with buildup/patience on the ball.

In terms of passing range you need to be careful that you don't make it too short, there needs to be players within that range to receive the pass. If there is an open player not getting the ball range could be part of the reason.

Overall there are areas of the ME that can be improved but we've seen constant improvement in the last few versions so I'm confident SI will continue the tweaking to improve the ME.

Passing range is just short,I'm aware it can be made too short. And I do understand entirely, control(for Barca!!!) states 'patient passing in the oppo half', which is why I go for that. I get it affects all that which is stated, and that's why I seriously ponder putting it on Standard,I'm going to do that now, let you know how I get on :).

Archived