(PSP) Loan an emergency goalkeeper????

In the transfer rules section of both the Premiership (England) and the SPL it clearly says that emergency goalkeepers can be loaned at any time, However I have been in several situations with all my goalkeepers injured and I have not been able to loan an emergency goalkeeper.

Is this yet another bug in PSP FMH11 or is there a way to make this feature work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Copy of my reply when Mr Drive PM'd me about this a while back:

The game is setup to ensure that you have a virtual player who is a goalkeeper available in those cases if you leave space in the squad.

As such there should only incredibly rarely be a case where an 'emergency signing' would be applicable.

(but you're correct in that rule isn't supported in the game at present)

It might be worth noting that although you can't get an emergency goalkeeper on loan, you can sign one for free even when you're outwith the transfer window.

My goalkeeper got injured in February and although I had cover, I didn't have another goalkeeper incase my backup got injured so I went to the player search and searched for goalkeepers with no club and managed to sign ex AC Milan goalkeeper Dida on a free.

jdogg, there is the problem though if the free transfer window deadline has passed. Then you have to rely on a greyed out player, who can be reliable. It is not a must, would be a nice feature to see, although memory constraints of course will always restrict the addition of extra rules.

Archived