Does training do anything

As title says in my current save I had the whole squad just on the deault training regime for half the season and my strikers were ok;)

However I have now set up up a training schedule for my strikers / attacking midfielders with shooting set to the max................the result is less shots on target less goals infact even 1 on 1's are pathetic... why?????

Another issue which gets to me is the old free kick routine I have 2 players with 18 stats for free kicks so obviously they are set to take them........so why is it 50-60% of the time they either dont take them or more often in a good position just push the ball to a centre half/full back :mad: or someone who cant hit abarn door ...who then proceed to take a shot:rolleyes:

changing a training schedule won't get your players performing better regarding those stats. If you increase the training for shooting for your strikers then that means more of their CA will go towards stats affected by the shooting category, it most certainly doesn't mean they are going to go out in the next few games and suddenly be finishing better.

changing a training schedule won't get your players performing better regarding those stats. If you increase the training for shooting for your strikers then that means more of their CA will go towards stats affected by the shooting category, it most certainly doesn't mean they are going to go out in the next few games and suddenly be finishing better.

I am saying 6 months general training seems to be just as good if not better than putting your strikers on a programme where they are focusing on shooting.......this wasnt a few game scenario it was a full season and basically training as is ........is a gimic it doesnt work

I am saying 6 months general training seems to be just as good if not better than putting your strikers on a programme where they are focusing on shooting.......this wasnt a few game scenario it was a full season and basically training as is ........is a gimic it doesnt work

fair enough but unless you see any changes in actual stats for finishing, composure, e.t.c what are you actually hoping for? Some players may already be close to their PA so as far as i'm aware anything other than drastic changes in their training schedules won't do much whilst they are in their peak.

Training works, if you do it correctly. Of course, most players don't change much even if you train them intensely in some key attributes. Training focus helps, but pay attention to the curve of that attribute - once it flattens out, change to another attribute that you can see is still changing. If it is flatlining, no amount of training will ever move that attribute upwards, not in a considerable time period anyways.

One young defender of mine had 13 in Tackling and even with training focus Tackling (and high intensity Defending) it didn't budge. So I focused on other areas. Then suddenly I saw that the Tackling "line" was wavering a bit and then I changed to that focus again. I hope he will reach 14 soon.

In other words: pay attention to their training performances over time. It really does make a difference, especially for the sensitive attributes like Quickness, Jumping, Dribbling and Tackling. Heading is an example of a fairly insensitive attribute, and I rarely bother with it.

Archived